Mother's Day

It was Mothers Day, and Maria had a terrible fever. Eliza unnecessarily panicked and rushed to the store with their daughter, Susan.

"Mommy, why are we here again?" Little 3 year old Susan tugged on Eliza's pant leg. "Because, mama's very sick and she needs medicine so she can get better." She said not looking away from the bottles of pills and medicine. Susan looked around and saw a stand full of flower bouquets and rushed her little legs on over to it. She looked at all the flowers in awe. "Pretty.. Like mama.. I get mama flowers so she be happy!" Susan was determined and reached up for the biggest bouquet of flowers and ran back over to Eliza who finally finished getting what she wanted. "Mommy! I get mama flowers!" Susan seemed so proud of herself. Eliza smiled, "Mama will feel so much better with your flowers Susie," She rubbed her daughter's head. "Come on, let's hurry and get home," Eliza said. Susan hopped up for her hand.

"Mama! We home!" Susan called out once Eliza unlocked the front door. Maria was sitting on the couch watching a movie and wrapped up in a bunch of blankets and tissues surrounding her. "Welcome home baby, what did you guys get?" Maria smiled weakly. "We got you presents and 'mesisine'!" Susan cheered. Eliza went over to Maria, "What are you doing out of bed Mari? Your super sick, you can't be out here sweetie." Eliza said worried. Maria chuckled, "Liza, I'm fine. It's just a little cold." Right after she said that, Maria fell into a fit of coughing. Eliza rolled her eyes, "Sure, sure.. Here, drink some of this" Eliza pulled out some cough medicine and handed it over to her wife. Maria drank some of it before giving it back. She looked at the bag full of medicine bottles Eliza had, "Your gonna get me all drugged up, huh?" She joked, "Suusssiiieee, call the popo, your mommy's trying to get me high," Maria chuckled.

Eliza huffed and rolled her eyes, "Your such a dumby sometimes.."

"Awwww but you married this dumby, dumdum." Maria gave a goofy, toothy grin and sniffled. 

"Mama! I forget! I got you a present!" Susan exclaimed and quickly made her way over to the couch. She placed the flowers next to Maria, "Merry Christma- I mean, happy 'muffers' day mama! I got pretty flowers and they pretty like you!" Susan giggled. Maria took the flowers and smiled at Susan sweetly, "Thank you Susie, I love them. Oh. Can you go to the room and hurry and get mommy's present we got her?" Maria asked. Susan nodded eagerly and ran as fast as she should and ran back out. "Mommy, mommy! Here!" Susan handed Eliza a small gift box. Eliza unwrapped it carefully. The gift was a photobooth strip of Susan and Maria. "You like mommy?" Susan asked. Eliza smiled, Maria noticed slight tears in her eyes and snickered. 'So emotional, my stupid weirdo..'

"I love it Susie, I'll keep it forever.." Eliza said. Susan smiled widely and jumped onto the couch and hugged both of her mother's tightly, "I love you mama! I love you mommy!"

~
Its pretty cruddy but e h.