Her Journey begins

Ember's P.O.V

Taking my time to process what my own father said to me, i silently stood up and looked towards my dad and asked "how long until the seal breaks?" he looks at me surprised as if he was expecting something different from me. He looks like he was actually going to cry, i walked towards him and gave him a comforting hug and he slowly began to hug back and cry into my shoulder "i don't want you to go... please don't leave me" i pulled back and looked him dead in the eyes with seriousness "dad it's alright, i'll be back home before you know it i promise". Dad smiles at me and gives me another hug and pulls away "it's roughly estimated that the seal with break within 12 days, so you need to get ready" i nodded and began to follow dad out of the chambers.

(Le timeskip out of there)

When we finally walked back into the main area, i immediately ran towards my room and began to pack the things i need. I grabbed a few changes of clothes, hairbands, torch with some spare batteries, and a hairbrush. While i was packing, my dad was standing by the door watching me pack my bag and then he walks up to me and hands me the sword "take this with you, you'll need it to defend yourself from enemies" i nod at him and grabbed the sword and had it slide into a little pouch in my bag (where i put my training swords). I took one look around the room for one last time and then at my dad, he looked like he was about to cry and was shaking "no... i don't want my little girl to go" i smile gently and hugged my dad as he lets out a few sniffles "come on Ember, you need food for the road" dad says as he grabs my hand gently and pulls me to the kitchen. As we made it to the kitchen, step-mom was there with what seems to be like a... scented cigarette? Weird anyway she was blocking the pantry which is where my dad wanted to get to, as dad got her attention she looks at him and then at me and her face scrunched up but turned back to 'sweet' when she looked back at dad "yes honey?" She says obviously not happy that i was here "darling can you please move?  I need to get to the pantry" she just smiled and moved out of the way, it seems like she was... nervous? "So Ember what's with that bag you got there and that..." crap she saw my sword, i grabbed the sword a little "Ember why do you have a sword?" She says looking a bit agitated "oh this sword? Well it was given to me by dad" dad suddenly looks up. Step-mom turns to look at him "Really hun? A sword? Don't you have much money we could've made if we sold that?" Dad looks at her surprised and quickly shook his head "I couldn't just sell the sword that has been in our family for generations!" He turns back at the pantry and begins to make snack in which I assume is for me. Step-mom just glares at me and walked off and after she left dad came up to me holding a large bag, "food for the road" he says and I gently smiled and said thank you while retrieving the bag and attaching it too my main bag.
Dad sighs as he escorts me to the gate of our realm. It was long and tiring walk but when we got there, I was pumped up and turned to my dad, he could tell I was eager to leave and he gently sighs as he pushes the gate open. I felt a gust of wind blew past me when gate was opened and when I  looked ahead it was nothing but mist. I turn to my dad with a look of determination and worry, he smiles sadly and hugs for what might be the last for a long while "promise me you'll come back home safe" I chuckle softly and replied with "I'll try" and gave my dad a small kiss on the cheek.
As he waves me off, I disappear into the mist.             

And here is where Ember's story truly begins!
What will happen next?
Stay Tuned folks for more!