Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Should She, or Shouldn't She?-Part 6

Chapter 6

Monday mornings were bad enough, Eve thought as she rode The Chronicle's elevator to the sixth floor. But now she had write her story from last night's Bravo Awards. It was the last thing she wanted to do.

Her mind drifted to the previous night, followed by a fresh wave of irritation. Gray Daymon was stuck in her craw.

Not twenty minutes after nearly kissing me he had some other woman filling his lap. Gah. Why do I even care? This is why I hate celebrities.

The elevator dinged at her floor.

Thank God, I'll never have to see him again.

Rounding the corner to her cubicle she stopped dead in her tracks. What might be the world's largest arrangement of flowers sat on her desk.

"Whoa, girl. Who are those from?" Lisette appeared behind her.

"I have no idea. They were probably sent to the wrong person. I'll check the card and have security deliver it."

She dropped her purse and work tote on the floor and searched the massive arrangement. Finally, she located the attached card.

"Huh. No name on the envelope. I feel like such a snoop, but hopefully there will be a name inside."

She carefully slipped the card out and read the brief message. Every ounce of air escaped her lungs in a whoosh.

Eve—

Please join me for dinner tonight.

I'd like to apologize properly and get to know you better.

I'll call this morning.

—Gray D.

"Oh, hell no."

Why won't this guy leave her alone? Surely, he has more important things to be doing. Like spending time with the starlet occupying his lap last night. The guy had a lot of nerve hitting her up for a dinner date after flirting with her then flaunting another woman.

"Are you okay? What does it say? Who's it for?"

With impeccable timing, Eve's desk phone rang. She jabbed a finger at the ringing phone, afraid to touch it. There was a good chance she knew who was calling, and he was the last person she wanted to speak to.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?"

"No. You answer it." Panic rose in her voice. "If it's Gray Daymon, I am not here." She picked up the receiver and thrust it at Lisette.

"Why would it be Gray Daymon? Uh...Eve Brock's desk, this is Lisette Montague." Lisette tapped on the speaker for good measure.

"Hello again, Ms. Montague. This is Gray Daymon. I'm surprised you're answering Ms. Brock's phone. I trust you recovered from last night?" Lisette stared wide-eyed at Eve.

"Hello Mr. Daymon. Yeah. I'm fine. I was..."

Eve mouthed "I'm not here."

"I was...leaving some notes on Eve's desk when her phone rang. So, I picked it up." Lisette blushed violently at the phone. "Eve's not here. Can I leave her a message?"

"Not there, huh? Do you make a habit of answering her phone when she's out? Isn't that what voicemail is for?" There was amusement in Gray's sultry voice. He sounded cool as a cucumber, and Eve was certain he wasn't buying Lisette's flustered fib.

icon lock

Show your support for Anya Sharpe, and continue reading this story

by Anya Sharpe
@anyasharpeauthor
Dating a celebrity was investigative journalist Eve Brock's worst nig...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 40 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @anyasharpeauthor.