07 | category placement

We have received some private messages regarding the fact that it is a bit unclear how judges will be judging the books, and then placing them in categories. This part is to explain how the contest will be judged and narrowed down to only a few books. 

Top 20 of Genre - Judges will read all of the book in their genre, which they have two - three full months for depending on the amount of books that they have been assigned to. From there, they will then narrow it down to the top twenty books that they believe are the top twenty of each genre. In order to make it into the top twenty of each genre, your book needs to have: proper grammar, a good summary, good plot, and a good & interesting hook from the beginning. These are the four main characteristics that your book needs to have in order to be considered to be in the top twenty. Some genres have 400 entries, some have more. 

Winner of Genre - From the top twenty of the Genre, judges will be assigned a completely other genre that they will have to judge in order to pick the winner of each genre. This is to avoid any biased or preference winners, since a judge may enjoy one particular storyline based off of preference, and not the four characteristics that we need them to judge on. Each judge that has been switched to a new genre will have three weeks in order to read all of the twenty books and then come to a conclusion which book deserves to win the placement of top in the genre. They will also have the ability to choose a Runner Up. 

Top 3: There are eleven categories, meaning that: when all of the judges have chosen a winner for each genre, there will be eleven books left in the competition. From here, the judges will then all work together in order to choose the books that will place as third, second, and first.

Hopefully this cleared up some confusion! Once again, good luck to all of the participants, we are looking at near 2,000 + entries for this contest