Chapter 7

I walked into the tent and stood next to thomas. brenda seem to look a lot better. thomas picked up what seems to be locket. the picture was a guy, "he was my brother." brenda says. me and thomas sat down next to her, "hey. Sorry." He said apologizing for waking her up, "are you okay? how are you feeling?" I asked, "you remind me of him." She said looking at her brothers picture, "he always saw the best in people." she says turning her body to face us, "where is he now?" Thomas asked, "I don't know. when we were kids. we were taken in by one of WCKD's camps. they gave us a bunch of tests. they didn't want me. they wanted him though. they didn't even let me say goodbye." she said beginning to tear up, "what was is name?" I asked her, "george." she said with a weak smile. thomas pulled out a little figure, "that was chuck." Thomas said, "how did he die?" Brenda asked him, "saving my life." he said with such sadness. he placed the figure in my hand, "he seemed like he was a sweet kid thomas." I said. just looking at it made me cry and I never met chuck but from what I just heard he seemed to be an amazing kid and also a hero. I gave thomas the figure back, "get some rest." thomas told Brenda as we got up to leave so she could get some sleep.

Jorge was pasting back and forth outside, "hermano." Jorge says randomly hugging us both, "if anything were to happen to her I.." Thomas cut Jorge off, "I know. I know. you should get in there and go talk to her." Thomas said. Jorge placed his hands on our shoulders, "I guess I owe you both now." Jorge said walking into the tent. me and thomas walked to where the rest of the guys were talking. aris was talking sonya and harriet about how we got away from WCKD. I smiled and sat with fry. minho. newt and thomas. newt wrapped is arm around my waist holding me close,

"I wish alby could've seen all this." Newt says looking off into the the distance. I'm guessing that alby was one of they're friends who didn't make it, "and winston." I added, "and chuck." thomas also adds, "he'd be proud of you, you know tommy." Newt says reassuring thomas, "hey aris!" fry yells, "hey guys!" aris yells back waving at us, "I kinda like that kid." fry said smiling, "yeah. I still don't trust him though." Minho says. I kicked him but not to hard. He flinches in fear, "gotta trust him sometime." I say as minho rolled his eyes. I started shivering a little bit when newt pulled me in and placed his jacket around us both, "here love it's freezing. I don't want to getting sick." Newt said kissing my forehead, "hey where's Teresa?" thomas asked, "she went up there." Newt said showing him where she is. thomas got up and went to her well we all stayed and talked, "I never thought I'd see you guys together." Fry says. I blushed into newt's shirt, "aww now she's embarrassed." newt said rubbing my shoulder, "well I'm glad she's with you because if she wasn't I was gonna take her." Minho says winking at me. newt gave him the death glare and he immediately looked the other way. we all started laughing. chuck popped back in my head, "hey what was chuck like?" I asked them, "well. chuck was younger then all of us but we loved him like a brother. after we manage to escape the maze we found WCKD's headquarters and our friend who was stung gally. He managed to find us and he pointed the gun at us. Minho hit him with the sphere which caused Gally to fire the gun and chuck jumped in the way." Newt said looking at the sunset. I started crying, "he was so excited. he couldn't wait to meet his family." Fry added, "he also knew how to make everyone laugh." Minho said. I wiped the tears away, "I know Chuck wouldn't want you guys to stop. He wants you guys to make it to the safe haven." I say smiling. newt smiled and kissed my cheek, "chuck would have loved you Y/N." Newt said looking at me, "I know I would have." I said smiling.

We were all laughing until we heard. Choppers flying. we all started running when they set off a bomb which hit the campsite. They sent their guards down shooting random innocent people. we managed to take cover from although shooting, "where's thomas!?." Fry said worried. we ran over to vince and harriet. vince gave us all a gun, "love. are you sure you know how to work that thing!?" Newt said. I looked a newt and I pointed the gun and fired. I got three headshots by one bullet. I gave newt a wink, "God I love you." he said smiling and took out some more guards. they kept sending more and more, "Vince hurry up there's to many of them!" Newt yelled. fry ran out of ammo so I covered for him. One of the cards through a bomb onto the truck right next to us, "SHIII-" Vince said but didn't get to finish because it's shocked us all which caused us all the pass out.