Chapter 1

I was speed walking through the halls of my school trying to find my first class because I was late. It's my first day since I moved and I forget where my first class is, someone had shown me earlier but I forgot. There! I stop outside of art class and catch my breath then I knocked. I heard shuffling then an older woman opened the door.

"Are you the new student?" She asked and I nodded. "I'm Mrs. Kelly, the art teacher, come in." I nod again and walk in, avoiding all of the stares coming from everyone. "Why are you late?"

"I got lost.." I reply slowly looking up and then straight down again.

"Everyone this is Jade and she is the new student everyone has been asking about. Jade you can go sit over there next to Scarlet-"

"Scar!" The girl with the beautiful long black hair said with her head down. I looked back at the art teacher and nodded, slowly walking over to Scar.

"Uh, could you move your- wait I love Twenty One Pilots!" I whisper shouted when I noticed her bookbag was Tøp. She looked at me, smiled, then moved her bag so I could sit. "Thanks."

"Question, your answer will decide if we become friends, what is your favorite band?" She asks after Mrs. Kelly tells us that we can free draw this period.

"Hmm.. Hard one, I'd have to say One Direction becuz Harry Styles is so perf!" Her face drops and I giggle. "I'm kidding, I am sorry, I had to. It's actually My Chemical Romance." Her face lights up again.

"Another question, why are your eyes pink..?" Oh no.

"Well.. I'll tell you later. I don't know how I can explain it yet, I still have to process it.." She nods and goes back to drawing and I just sit there thinking about it.

~time skip to after school~

"So do you want to hang out sometime?" Scar asks me.

"I'd have to ask my f- parents. Here's my number, text me tonight." I say and she nods. "Bye!" I yell to her as I start to walk home.

~time skip to home~

"I'm home!" I yell into the house.

"Hey honey! How was your first day?" My foster mother asks me.

"A normal day, I met someone today, we could become bestfriends. But, she made my eyes turn pink. Did they tell you what that means?" She nods happily.

"You are in grade 10 and you've found her already. Your soulmate!" She exclaims and walks towards the kitchen. "You got mail today by the way. It's from the agency." She says in a serious tone, handing me a letter. I sigh and open it. "Read it out loud, I wanna hear."

"Okay. 'Dear Jade, you've been adopted. You are going to be picked up by the mother on Friday. They live in LA as well so there is no need to switch schools unless you want to.' Oh my yeesus mom! I've been adopted! The family lives in LA so we can visit!" I yell while jumping up and down. "Wait today is Wednesday! I have to go pack!" I yell and run to my room getting my suitcase out. My foster mom brought me 2 more suitcases and some boxes for my things and helped me pack. I was so excited.

      By the time I was all packed it was dark out so I went straight to bed. I had been in the foster system and orphanages since I was a baby. My mom died 4 months after I was born and my dad killed himself on my first birthday. I managed to somehow press redial on the phone while he was doing it and rang my grandmother (When I was 3 I redialed and called my nan and talked to her for a while and when my younger autistic brother was 3 he rang the police...) and she heard and called the cops. I slowly fell asleep after taking a melatonin.