1.1: The Incompetent Son of a Politician

(Yao JuLin above)

Opening his eyes, a galaxy-like space greeted his vision. He squinted his eyes, only to see that he's not dreaming.

Yao JuLin, "...Where am I...?"

Then in a second, dozens of information invaded his mind.

Daffodil suddenly malfunctioned due to a virus, what an unprotected system.

He sighed, wondering what to do this time. He already has died many times, he needed to steel his balls this time.

Swiping his left hand midair, a menu appeared in front of him.

Yao JuLin, "Let's see, so I'm a system now? Umm, Chrysanthemum System is my name? Oh damn it."

He closed the menu interface and checked out his clothes.

Yao JuLin, "What's with these clothes?"

After a couple of minutes tugging his sleeves up, he sat down, pondering what his past brought him to this.

He remembered his life before being involved with these sci-fi things.

-----

Yao JuLin never liked being with people. Even when he's in highschool, he never interacted with others, they never disturbed his peaceful life. At least no one actually had the nerve to cause a ripple in his peaceful life.

As a way to escape the loniless of the reality, he read books. As per usual, in every book he read, he actually writes what his thoughts are regarding of the story.

The world is truly unfair, treating the strong as the highest with the weak as cannon fodder only.

Since he was a child, his mother died of an illness, leaving him a father that likes to work overtime. Problems happens as his father eventually dies due to overworking. He knew that he couldn't blame his parents. He knew that the world is so unfair it sickens him.

He was being sent to his aunt's house, giving him a life of ease. His cousins are actually kind to him, giving him enough attention that he won't feel lonely. His aunt provides him with basic necessities of life. Thus this is the reason why he started to work part-time.

He worked as a cashier at a convenient store. The pay wasn't high but it is enough for him. He know that having too much will harm him.

There, he met a guy. An eccentric one. His name, Ding Juan.

Yao JuLin's days passed with Ding Juan with him at part-time. Yao JuLin knew that he musn't be too close with Ding Juan, or else he'll suffer the consequences of being alone once he's used to another's company.

Yao JuLin can't forget that one day. It's currently winter in his place, the white sheets of snow covering the whole city. He finished his part-time work, now walking down the street. His hands are freezing, he placed them inside his pockets.

He looked forward, seeing Ding Juan. He waved at his friend, before returning his hand in his pocket.

It's cold, he can't stand it.

Ding Juan, "Did you missed me?"

Yao JuLin, "You dumbass, of course no."

Ding Juan, "Eh~ what a tsundere."

Yao JuLin, "Mind your words."

Both of them walked along the pavement, hands at pockets, and a silent atmosphere surrounding them. Seeing them side by side, people can describe the situation as harmonious and pleasing to see.