1.2: The Incompetent Son of a Politician

(Jiang Kai above)

Abruptly sitting from his slumber, Jiang Kai felt his head ache. Aside from feeling his bones crack in satisfaction, his control in his body right now seemed dull.

Jiang Kai, "Fuck, my head hurts..."

Yao JuLin, [Welcome host to the Xinghai space.]

Jiang Kai looked up, to see a man with dark hair and glowing, emerald eyes. He looks beautiful with a smile on his face, Jiang Kai to himself as he faced this stranger. If this man would face himself in front of the public, Jiang Kai would be sure that he could topple the hearts of many, if others would ignore the fact that he's a man.

Jiang Kai, "Where am I?"

Yao JuLin, [...Do you remember signing a contract?]

As to what that voice said to him, a strangle tingle felt in his spine. A contract? No previous memories came into his mind. All Jiang Kai remembered is that after coming inside his room, he fell asleep on his bed directly.

The system only took small steps as he placed two fingers on his host's smooth forehead.

Yao JuLin, [Memory.]

Yao JuLin muttered those words as a scenario played in Jiang Kai's mind. His vision blacked out before he was carefully placed on the ground by Yao JuLin.

Meanwhile in Jiang Kai's mindscape, he saw himself lying on a black void. He is unconscious but he can hear a faint voice sounding in his head.

Do you want to live again?

>Yes
   No

Jiang Kai saw himself unconsciously pressing Yes, a frown on his face. Yes, he faintly heard a soft voice muttering those words. What Jiang Kai heard made him widen his eyes. Does that mean that he died? But how?

Would you like to be a host or system?

>Host
   System

Ah, he only said that word as his vision finally cleared up, seeing himself lying on the invincible floor. Memories sink into his mind as pain invaded him, face distorted in pain and he could only groan in pain.

Yao JuLin, [Do you feel bad for living again?]

He cannot answer those words. As a man who killed himself, Jiang Kai can't retaliate for an answer to his system's question.

Yao JuLin, [A human's life is important, and you wasted it for just a filthy woman.]

Jiang Kai, "..."

Yao JuLin, [Don't worry. With me here, I can help you have a better life. We can also give her a taste of her own medicine.]

He looked up at the system as he saw a gentle smile on Yao JuLin's lips. It seemed ethereal, heavenly to an extent and Jiang Kai could only nod at what this man said in daze.

His heart skipped a beat at that.

As if that beautiful man suddenly disappeared, a stern expression was plastered on the system's demeanor. This made Jiang Kai remember a cat when he saw this man's actions. His heart shook while seeing Yao JuLin's cute blank face.

Yao JuLin, [Back to the business, you're here in Xinghai space, host. You're currently bounded to me, the Chrysanthemum system, and I am what they call the "Destroy the System" system.]

Jiang Kai, "So you destroy systems like you?"

Yao JuLin, [Yes, to be precise, I absorb them for nourishment.]