Training/Zombie Attack

Danielle points the gun and takes a deep breath as she pulls the trigger. A bullet lands in the head of the dummy.

"Well done, Danielle," Maverick says, emotionless. Danielle silently cheers, "How about a moving target?" Danielle follows her father's gaze and sees two zombies limping towards their shelter.

"Woah, I'm not ready for that."

"Just shoot them."

"No."

"Now!" Maverick yells, force heavy in his voice.

"No!" Maverick grabs the pistol from  Danielle's hand, shooting the zombies. Danielle stares, anger and resentment clear in her eyes. She stomps into the shelter, Maverick yelling her name the entire time, "Danielle Hope Irwin! You turn around and get back here right now!" Danielle slams the door behind her, gaining her mother's attention.

"What did your father do this time?" Patricia asks, standing behind the kitchen counter.

"He thinks he doesn't have to respect my decision, that's what!" Danielle responds angrily pacing in front of her mother.

"And I don't have to," Maverick states, stomping into the shelter, "I am your father and your commander!"

"Maverick, please calm down," Patricia says. Knox, their only son, walks out of the shared bedroom just in time to hear the fighting. He walks over to the window by the door to their training area.

"I will not calm down!" Maverick yells, "Two zombies! All you had to do was shoot two zombies!" Knox rolls his eyes and looks through the slats of wood covering the window. Suddenly, a gasp is heard.

"Dad," Knox whispers, voice trembling, "I think there's more than two." Maverick looks through the slats of wood to see a horde of zombies running straight for their shelter.

"Danielle put as many guns as you can into a duffel bag. Knox, you've got clothes. Patricia, food. While Y'all do that, I'll see how many zombies I can get rid of." Maverick says, a smirk on his face. He grabs a nearby shotgun and pistol and runs out the door. Danielle and Knox rush to the shared bedroom while their mother stays in the kitchen. 

"Dani, are we gonna die?" Knox asks, "I don't want to die. I kinda like it here. Please, I don't want to die!" Knox begins to panic, almost hyperventilating.

"Knox, it's okay. No one's going to die. We just need to leave for a while. That's all," Knox silently nods and hugs Danielle. The 17-year-old hugs her brother back.

"Kids, hurry up! We need to leave NOW!" Patricia yells from the kitchen. Danielle and Knox quickly finish packing and meet their mom in the kitchen. All three run outside just in time to see Maverick throw down his last gun.

"It's about time, "Maverick says, the smirk still on his face. With that, the four begin to run in the direction of the forest.