7-Learn The Truth

Later that night I got out of bed and climbed out the window and onto the roof. I looked up at the star filled sky, the full moon up high. I sighed as I tucked my tail around me.

I was about to head back inside when I heard something. I perked my ears and listened. A familiar scent then reached me and I looked behind me too see the assassin and three other light beings, all aiming a bow at me.

"Well, look who crawled out of the dark." I whimpered slightly and backed up. "I-I...just leave me alone. I-I..." I was suddenly cut off as two of them released an arrow, one striking me in the calf, and the other struck me in the shoulder.

I cried out in pain, then shock as I slid off the roof and onto the ground. I whimpered in pain and beganto slowly drav myself yo the front door of the house, only for a foot to press down on my back, with enough force to crack a rib and earned a pain cry from me. I whimpered as I turned to see the assassin looking down at me coldly.

She held a silver short sword in her hand and moved it to my neck. "Good bye you little freak." I shut my eyes, waiting for the blow. But instead a loud bang rang through the night.

It was silent for a moment, but then the assassin collapsed to the side. I turned to see a whole in the middle of her forehead, and the smell of gun powder hung heavily in the air. I turned to the house to see Tord, holding two small guns in his hands, aimed at the three remaining light beings.

"Get the Hell out of here, before I kill all of you." They didn't need much prompting and quickly flew away, two carrying their fallen comrade. I shook on the ground slightly as he walked over to me. I took note that he only wore a black pair of shorts and a black jacket that was open, showing a six pack.

He slid the pistols into the pockets of his jacket and picked me up. I whimpered a little as my leg and shoulder with the arrow in them moved. I snuggled up into his chest and shivered a little from the cold.

I was still a little...frightened, but I felt safer in his strong hold.

(Tord's P.O.V.)
Damn bastards, attacking him for no reason. I could tell he didn't even fight them, as in sure he would have given them nasty scratches, but they didn't have a single mark.

I set him down onto the couch and looked at his leg. I carefully held his leg, then pulled the arrow out. He yelped and whimpered from the pain and a black liquid dripped from his eyes. Tears.

"Hey, don't worry you'll be fine." He only nodded in response as I bandaged his leg up, then did the same for his shoulder. I looked at the arrows, the silver heads the shape of a heart, the bottom filed and sharpened. It matched the description of the arrows Edd said he found in Tom when he found him on the road.

"Tom." He looked up. I stared coldly into his black eyes. "Who are they?" He was quite for a moment, then whispered, "T-they are members of t-the light army."

"Why were they trying to kill you?" He looked timidly at me, then mumbled, "They hate my kind, and I stopped one of them, the girl you killed, from killing my Queen."

I thought about it for a moment, then picked him up, causing him to yelp. I carried him upstairs, set him on his bed and went to my room with out another word. I went to to my desk and turned on my computer.

I went onto the Internet and looked up on Google, Light Army. What came up were multiple tabs, each one explaining legends how they were protectors of our world and killed the creatures called Shadows, who tried to kill the humans.

From what I saw though, Tom was scared of them and looked nothing like the beasts depicted here. One article on them caught my eye, it was labeled, The Truth. When I opened it, I was a little shocked by what I read.

Truth be told, it may not be smart on my part to right this, but I can not be silent. The Army of Light is nothing but a lie. The Shadows in fact are quite gentle and can be very protective. However, the Lights saw them as inferior and began to kill them for pure sport. I myself witnessed a poor Shadow and her child being ambushed, they killed the mother and chased the child around, like a cat playing with a mouse that has no way to escape.
They killed the child when they tired of him.
The Queen of the Shadows then sealed off the way into the light realm that lead to theirs so as to stop them, then forbid the Shadows to go into the human realm for their own safety.
If you happen to find a Shadow in this world, do know that they, and you, are not safe from the light.