6

Together Nagisa and Karma spent their day in relaxation, catching up and getting in warm cuddles with one another. However, when the day was done...

-

"Nagisa," Karma whispered while he stared out the window at the sun retreating from the sky as the bluenette lay on him. "I have to go soon."

"No—" the shorter boy squeaked and sat up alarmed, looking down at Karma, "please, Karma-kun, don't leave me again. I thought you came back to stay!"

The red head turned his head to him and smiled, locking eyes with him. "Nagisa-kun — no matter what happens — I love you."

The small boy's crystal eyes by this point were glazed over with tears. He bent down and kissed Karma's forehead then whispered, "Please, tell me where you're going."

"Not until it's over. Not until I.. I settle this," Karma looked up at his lover with a sincere and loving gaze. "Not until I protect you."

At those words the Shiota burst into tears. The sounds in the room were full of sobbing and whimpering. Words like "Please Karma!" and "Don't leave me!" and "What's going on?" and "Oh, Karma, just tell me!" and "I'll see you again—won't I?" then finally, "Answer me—"

Akabane wrapped his arms around the boy's torso and hugged him close—the wailing almost immediately coming to an end.

"Don't leave me," the broken hearted male whimpered, "don't leave."

-

Karma's POV

I didn't want to leave Nagisa. I never did. I wanted him to be safe, and he wasn't safe with me. Not with me being a criminal. I was being watched by both sides: the police and the organization. I planned to kill Koro soon but it wouldn't be easy. Really, it'd be more of a life for a life. A sacrifice on behalf of the others. Forgive me, I was sugar coating it. What I meant was, this...

Would be a suicide mission.

A/N short chapter but OOOOOHHHH spooky! What will happen to Karma?? Stay tuned til the next chapter to find out! I hope you enjoyed this short chapter, thank you for reading. Forgive me for not updating for over a month—life is hectic, as usual.

Published May 15, 2018 - 1:53pm