Prologue

[--... ...ga--...--swer......Answer!]

In a certain country, in the presidential suite of a multistory building, that was shouted into a ear.

A room that normally contains marble floors and expensive ornaments now looks like the scene of a disaster.

Floors and walls broken by explosions and gunfire, ornaments that are only junk now.

And the countless scattered ---- dead bodies.

Blood is flowing from all the bodies, no matter what help they would get, their survival is hopeless.

No, there is only one moving figure.

A lone man wearing a full-body protective suit.

The man tries to rise from lying face down, but falls back down unable to support his body.

Giving up on standing, the man crawls forward and rests his back against a nearby wall pausing for breath.

And in his ear, presses a switch on his earpiece.

"...Yeah, here......code Axel."

[Are you okay!? Report the situation!]

In the midst of countless bodies, there is one wearing clearly higher class clothes.

Bullet wounds not only riddle its forehead but also its whole body. It has been somewhat destroyed by an explosion; this corpse--the building's owner--was the man's target.

"The target is... taken care of. All that's left--*cough*, cleaning up.... right?"

[Wait! That's the last measure. Hurry and escape!]

"Ha, haha.... that's impossible."

The man looks at his body.

Multiple gunshots in the abdomen, left leg missing from the knee downwards.

No feeling in the left hand, a body in which even speaking is painful, he utterly embodies the meaning of mortally wounded.

With only his right hand moving, he takes out a small terminal from his pocket and releases its safety device.

It's a control device for explosives.

Precisely calculated, countless explosives already planted that will reliably collapse the building if activated.

[Don't give up! Pick up will come soon! Oi, prepare the helicopter! Permission? We'll deal with that later!]

The other side of the transmission becomes noisy.

It looks like the man's partner is desperately giving orders, but there's no more time left.

As the man opens his mouth to tell him to stop, there is a sound of a door opening from the transmission.

[[[Teacher----!!]]]

It was the man's apprentices.

Between the hurried noises, he hears five boys and girls from the microphone, he hears the shouts of his students.

[Teacher, please don't give up!]

[We'll come and get you, please wait!]

[There's still many things we want to be taught!]

[Promised....didn't you?]

[Teacher! Teacher...fa, fa...ther! Father!]

Even though he told them before the mission there was a possibility this could happen, it looks like his students couldn't bear it.

Their still inexperienced spirits worry him, but their affection makes him feel happy.

Mustering his strength, the man gives an order.

"Form a line!"

[[[!? Yes!]]]

The fruits of training, the flustered students answer without any disorder.

"What I want to say....you know... right?"

[[[Don't stop walking forward!]]]

"That's... good... You guys....will be fine. Have confidence and... live."

[[[......Yes!]]]

It seems the students are desperately holding back tears, but their voices are tearful no matter how you listen, they are probably shedding a flood of tears by now.

"Fu..... sorry, for my students."

[N-, no problem. It's their right.]

"Is that so."

[Is it... already impossible?]

"That it would come to this....you knew... right?"

[......Yeah]

Troubled, that conflicted voice finally leaked out.

"I've.....left....something. I can go....with a smile"

[......Leave the rest to me]

"I leave it to you. With you....being together...was......fun."

[That's my line.]

The man has lost too much blood, his eyes can't see and his mind is becoming faint.

Even with the result being this, the plan was a success.

I've entrusted them with everything I have.

Only this last job is left.

With his remaining strength, the man presses the switch.

Countless explosions reverberate throughout the building.

They gradually became louder, and finally, they reach the man's floor.

The man accepted the feeling of the falling rubble with his body.

And then the man...