Chapter 2

Republic City
                       ------

"We're gonna miss you cupcake"

My dad was hugging me while behind him, my mother is fiddling  with one my bags,

"Mom, what are you doing?"

She looked up and smiled, tears visible at the corner of her eyes "Just packing a tiny bit of snack for you sweetie"

Receiving my bag, I noticed her definition of 'tiny' is a small sack being filled,

"Mom, I don't need this much" I said, amused. I went close and gave her a hug, I won't be able to do this in a while. Then my mom said, "We're gonna miss you sweetie."

My mom broke the hug as my father continued, "So much…"

I was trying so hard not to cry 'This is the second time I've left them' I thought, giving my parents a smile and kisses on their cheeks, "I'm going to miss you too mom, dad." They gave me one final hug before I have to leave.

I have one last stop to do. As I opened the chipped wooden door of the stall, Naga came up and tackled me, covering my face with her saliva,

"Calm down girl" I laughed at how she whimpered when I forced her tongue away, but she obediently sat back down. On the right corner of the room, hanged the white and blue saddle. I grabbed it of the rack and went my way to Naga. A voice stopped me from locking it up on Naga's back,

"It's like yesterday, you were just up to my waist and now... well, look at you now"

Turning around, I saw my waterbending master, Katara. I smiled as she came up to me and gave a gentle hug, "I'm going to miss you master Katara"

Master Katara has always been my mother figure here in the compound, but even then, I still wanted the warm embrace of my real mother. Thankfully, the lotus members allowed them to visit me monthly.

Though, there are certain occasions in where my parents can visit anytime. Which I am grateful for, the compound just makes me lonely often.

Katara smiled, increasing the wrinkles on her eyes. Somehow, father Time managed to make master Katara even more beautiful than she already is. She began to speak,

"Aang's time has passed. My brother and many of my friends are gone." She took a breath before continuing, "It's time for you and your generation to take on the responsibility of keeping peace and balance in the world."

"And I think you're going to be a great Avatar"

Hugging her one last time, I replied, my voice shaking a bit, "Thank you master Katara"

-----

"Woah"

I know what a flying bison looks like, I've seen one since master Tenzin's last visit, but I didn't remember it being this big.

"Hop on Korra" Tenzin motioned for me climb up on the tail. Which I did, and spirits I didn't expect it was that hard,

"What about Naga?"

Looking down, I saw Naga jumping, trying to follow me, "I got it" Tenzin said as he bended the air and carefully placed Naga on the bison. The moment she got up, she instantly jumped on me and placed her head on my lap. 'So cute'

"Now Korra, when we get there, you will still remain unknown to the world. Yes you get to interact with people, but they should not know you are the Avatar" Tenzin began explaining while hovering on top of the bison's head,

'Remain unknown?' I thought, well, that isn't exactly fair. I don't get why they're doing this to me, I'm 16! The world knew Aang when he was 12.

"Why can't I tell anyone I'm the Avatar?"