April 4th

Lily and Max hadn’t talked since the incident. Lily didn’t talk to anyone. She kept receiving more texts from the man, but she ignored them. Then, she finally got a text from Max.

Max: Lily, there’s somebody here. Someone’s at my house.

Read

Lily: How do you know?

Read

Max: I can see someone outside my window. God dammit Lily I’m scared. What do I do?

Lily: Stay inside. Lock the doors. Don’t leave your room. I’ll come over to your house, okay?

Sent

Lily: Max?

Sent

Lily packed a small bag, with a small pocket knife and her phone charger. She put on her shoes and ran out the house. Lily wasn’t positive where his house was, and only saw him point at it once, but she would knock on every single door to find out.

She reached a white house with a navy blue door and knocked.

“Max?” She called out. No answer. She knocked again, and a boy who looked similar to Max answered.

“Are you Lily?” He asked, looking her up and down. She gave him a curious yet frantic glance.

“Yeah? How do you know who I am?” She asked, trying to look into the house behind him. He stared at her for a moment before speaking.

“I’m Max’s older brother, Andy. He talked about you. You’re looking for him?”

“Yeah, he said, er, he told me to come over, and then he stopped answering his phone. Is he here?” Lily tripped on her words as she spoke, twiddling her thumbs together in an anxious habit. He flipped his dark brown hair to the side, and stared at her with similar hazel eyes.

“Yeah, he’s here. His phone probably just died. Come in,” he gestured for Lily to come in and she followed reluctantly. The house was nice, not too large but not too small. They were both in the kitchen when she turned to him.

“Do you know where Max is?” She asked again.

“Upstairs, third door on the left,” he said, going to the living room and sitting down. She made her way upstairs, the stairs creaking slightly as she made her way up. Just as she reached the door, and her hand hovered over the knob, she heard someone speak behind her.

“Night night, princess,” they said. Before she even had time to turn, something came into contact with the back of her head, knocking her out cold.