April 12th

No one had heard from Max for days. Lily had been seeing Andy more often, talking to him almost daily, absorbed in the comfort he provided for her.

Lily was sitting in her bedroom, typing away messages to Andy. The only light in the room was her illuminated phone screen. Lily stood and stared out the window, something she found herself doing often.

Like usual, nothing was out there.

Just as she was about to turn around, a firm hand met her mouth, another grabbing her hip. Before she had a moment to make any sort of noise, the person spoke.

“L-Lily listen to me,” they said, their voice almost calm. Lily knew that voice. “I need to talk to you. I need you to listen to me. Please,” he begged, his grip becoming looser.

She ran out of his grasps, pointing the pocket knife she's kept on her for days now at him.

“What are you doing here, Max?” She threatened, a slight shake of her hand though she tried to steady it. Max put his hands out in defense, trying to show he wasn't here to hurt her.

“Lily we need to talk,” he pleaded, taking a cautious step towards her. She didn't notice as she continued to stare into his eyes.

“H-haven't you done enough?” She choked, the knife slowly lowering.

“Lily, Andy is not who you think he is. H-he's dangerous, Lily,” he spat out, the words not quite coming to him.

“I'm sorry, Maxwell,” she spat back, her words like poison to Max. “Have you forgotten that you fucking killed my best friend? You put a fake body of her in my closet? Max, I don't want to hear anymore of this, I'm calling the police.”

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” another voice spoke. Lily turned to face Max once again, with Andy behind him, a gun to Max’s temple. He pushed the gun closer to Max’s head, his head jerking ever so slightly, tears brimming his eyes. “Listen Lily, and listen carefully. Max needs to die. Remember all the pain he caused, all the months of stalking and watching you. Close your eyes, I don’t want you to see this,” he spoke, cocking the gun.

“Lily! Y-you can’t tell me you believe this! He did this! Fuck, I don’t want to die, Lily! Please, believe me!” He screamed, shaking and sobbing. Lily looked back and forth at the two, now shaking.

Andy dropped the gun, and slid it across the floor to Lily. He shoved Max, forcing him to fall on his knees. “I think you know what to do, Lilith. Avenge Mandy, it is your destiny.” Andy gave an almost sinister smile, his foot on Max’s back to make him stay down. Andy nodded at Lily, as she picked up the gun with trembling hands. Max heard the cock of the gun and screamed.

“L-Lily, fuck! Y-you can’t do this Lily! I didn’t mean to kill her, I-I didn’t know it was her! I-I’m sorry!” He choked, fear obvious in his voice. “He’s lying to you, Lily! I didn’t do shit! It was him! It was-“ a shot rang through the room. Max’s eyes squeezed shut, anticipating the impact. After a few moments he sat up, the pressure of Andy’s foot no longer on his back. Lily stared at Andy cupping his stomach, blood spewing out between his fingers. He fell to the ground, unmoving.

“M-Max come on, we need to get out of here,” she urged, grabbing his hand to help him up. He obliged, first pulling Lily into a hug. They embraced, and comforted one another. They took a longing look at the man on the floor, Max’s older brother and childhood best friend, and Lily’s short time lover. They had both cared for him deeply, the care only turning to bitter hate as seconds went by. Max and Lily stare into each other’s eyes, and nod, leaving the house hand-in-hand. They walk out into the night, leaving Andy behind.