Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"You ok?"

Smiling at him I nodded. "I'm fine."

Actually, I was feeling a little dizzy. My head was spinning and my vision was a tad bit blurry.

Maybe that last drink wasn't a good idea... or the one before that one.

Even with my blurry vision I still noticed how his chocolate eyes pierced into me. He hadn't taken his attention off of me since we had sat down. Even when he was taking a drink his gaze was on me. Observing. Burning me from the inside out.

I couldn't remember the last time that a guy had affected me to this extent. Maybe never.

I was brought back into the present when his hand reached toward my face. Holding my breath I waited to see what he would do. Halfway to my face, however, he hesitated. The hand that had been reaching for me reached for his glass instead. I tried not to let my disappointment show as he took a drink of his whiskey.

I was feeling bold tonight. I don't know if it was the alcohol or just the way this man affected me. Maybe it was a mixture of both. But I knew one thing; I wanted him. It was like an epiphany. He was right there in front of me. The first man in years I had been attracted to. And so far he had been nothing but nice. I didn't get dangerous vibes from him at all. At least not directed towards me. He did get a little aggressive when this man tried to pick me up a little while ago. But that was understandable. Right?

This bolder, liquor encouraged version of me decided it was a bright idea to lean into his body, to place my hand on his forearm that was resting on the counter. He took the small invitation and ran with it. His arm twisted and shifted until his fingers had twined with mine. His thumb caressing my palm sent my pulse into overdrive. His free hand gripped his glass, bringing it to his lips he finished it off. Turning back to me, I saw that his eyes had gone electric. He kept leaning in, getting closer and closer until his lips were dangerously close to touching my ear.

His breath was hot. That wasn't the only thing that was hot however. This man... it was like he had a switch that controlled the temperature of my body. With one single flip, one single touch, he sent my pulse and my body heat, skyrocketing.

Suddenly it was really hot in this bar. His proximity was doing things to my body.

"You shouldn't make suggestions you're not prepared to go through with love," he rasped in my ear.

My core clenched at that.

Damn you body. You aren't supposed to betray me like this.

I couldn't stop digging myself deeper. I just couldn't. Not with him.

And that's why my mouth let out, "Oh I think I am plenty prepared. Trust me."

Fuck!

If his eyes were electric before now they were on fire, simply blazing with heat.

He turned his body all the way to me at that. His eyes looking dangerous. Like he was attempting to hold something back.

"Don't tempt me like that Arianna. I'm not strong enough to resist you if you keep teasing me."

As if the train wreck I was in wasn't bad enough, I couldn't help but make it worse.

"Then don't."

At those words his hands shot out to grip my waist. As if in a frenzy he yanked me against his body. So caught up in the intensity of the moment, my legs landed to rest on each side of his hips. As if it was a natural thing to do, to straddle this man I had just met.