Chapter Four

Chapter Four

I slowly began to awake not knowing where I was. My brain was empty, the only thing that registered was that I was comfortable. I tried to roll over, to shift into a better position, but my movement was hindered by something heavy resting over my waist. Peeling my eyes open, wincing as the light hit, I tried to see what was pinning me down. My eyes finally adjusted and imagine my surprise at seeing a naked, obviously male chest lying in front of my face. Looking down I found the origin of the hindrance. The man's equally naked arm was holding me in place against him.

It was then that I realized what had woken me. My phone was ringing. Just as it registered with me, it stopped. A few seconds later it started back up again.

I abruptly sat up, and succeeded in dislodging the arm from around my waist. I quickly found out that the sudden move was clearly a poorly made decision. It felt like a thousand needles were stabbing me in the temples. A small whimper escaped me as I rolled in the direction of where my phone was lying on the floor. Misjudging my bodies ability to function correctly, I fell to the ground with a thump as my legs got caught in the sheets.

A louder moan of pain came then. My head felt like it might explode.

It was then that I realized that I didn't have on a stitch of clothing. Oh God, what had I done?

I finally made it to my phone and grabbing it I saw that I had fifteen missed calls, eight voicemails, and thirty-two unread messages. Half of them were from Isabelle, the rest were from the rest of our friend group.

I opened the message thread with Isa and was immediately bombarded.

From Isa at 12:00 am: Ari, where are you? We are all ready to leave.

From Isa 12:15 am: Arianna answer me right this minute.

After that text, there was a missed call. The texts and voicemails just escalated from there. Isa went from upset to worried and then to angry and worried.

And just like that, it all came rushing back to me. The girls dragged me out of my apartment and to the club where I had proceeded to drink a good bit of alcohol. Then Ari forced me onto the dance floor.

Looking towards the bed I saw that the man was stirring. Rising to my knees I peered over at him, taking in his tousled hair and dark stubble. God, he was beautiful.

And just like that, memories began to flow back to me. I remembered running into him on the dance floor. I remembered allowing him to buy me a drink... and then a few more. The tension was off the charts between us. Hell, all it took was one touch and I was agreeing to go home with him.

But it was worth it. Holy shit was last night worth it. He wasn't just good, he was fucking good. After that first time, he had me awake for hours destroying me for any other men. I wouldn't be surprised if I had lost my voice from how much I moaned and screamed last night.

Shit focus brain. This is bad, really bad. This shouldn't have happened. I needed to leave, like now.

I finally made it to my feet without falling back down after the third try. Avoiding looking in the direction of the bed, I rushed around the room searching for my clothes. I quickly found my jeans at the foot of the bed. My shirt and bra were lying on the other side. My underwear, however, was nowhere to be found. Getting down on my hands and knees I attempted to look under the bed for my wayward panties.