Rosie's Run

It was a nice, quiet evening at 221B Baker Street for the Holmeses. Quiet for them was of course relative, given Sherlock's noisy nature that was now mirrored by their nearly three year old son William, and enhanced by their new, month old baby boy Victor.

Susanna was laying down on the sofa with William snuggled up to her. They were reading one of his newer books on children and development. As Eurus had predicted he was a genius, if not much more mellow about it, and he was fascinated by the biology of his newborn brother.

The eldest Holmes son reached up to his cowlicked patch of curls and pulled at it, "Cool, Mummy!" He commented and pointed at a comparative illustration of a baby's brain versus an adult's.

"Yes, isn't it?" She giggled and ruffled his hair back down, "They need all those brain pathways to start growing."

"Nyoo-rahl pathways?"

"Yes, Honey. Neural pathways." William repeated the phonics and then continued reading the book to her. Sherlock listened from his chair, currently engaged with baby Victor. He held the infant to his chest and was rubbing gentle circles into his back to relax him.

The serenity in the flat was disrupted by Sherlock's phone going off. Susanna and William looked up from the book as the detective carefully retrieved the mobile and held it up to his ear, "John?"

"Sherlock, you've got to come over here!"

"What's happened?"

"Rosie's gone! I can't find her and no one on the street saw her leave!" John's desperate voice came through the phone, "I think she ran away, Sherlock!"

Sherlock's expression sobered and he stood up, carrying Victor over to Susanna and depositing him in her arms, "I'm on my way. How long has she been gone?"

As John filled him in, he quickly switched his dressing gown for his coat and scarf and let Susanna know what was going on. Then he raced outside and jumped into the car. When they'd found out about Victor they'd decided to get one and Sherlock had finally realized the benefits of having one. He punched the gas and hurried on his way.

When he arrived at the Watson home he found Lestrade there too. John was a royal mess. Sherlock had Mycroft pull all the security footage and they soon knew in which direction eight year old Rosie had run off.

It was a long two hours of searching before they decided to regroup at 221B. Sherlock had to drag his best friend into the car, nearly kicking and screaming, "John, we will go back to the flat and refocus there. Calm down or you'll never be able to think clearly through this.'

"You wouldn't be calm if it was William or Victor!"

"Just buckle!"

John could not stop complaining and worrying the whole way back. Sherlock drove as fast as permissible. And to their surprise, when they ran into the flat they found Susanna comforting a sobbing Rosie, "Rosamund Mary Watson!"

"Daddy!"

He fell to his knees and embraced his little girl, who could not stop crying and was quickly joined by her father. Sherlock examined Rosie before stepping over to Susanna, "What is going on?"

"She says she was threatened and bullied by someone at school. She didn't want to go and stay at home, so she swung by and made a run for it. Sherlock, she's scared to death!" Sherlock darkened and one fist clenched.

"I told her that Daddy and Uncle Jawn will catch the bullies!" William piped up from his spot beside Victor, who was nestled peacefully in his small cradle, "No one hurts Rose!"

"Indeed, William. John and I will be addressing the bullies very soon," He walked back to the Watsons and placed his hand on Rosie's shoulder, "Rosie, you need to tell us who they are. We will take care of this."

Rosie lifted her head from her father's arms, "D-Do I have to g-g-go home?"

Sherlock considered it, "No, not for the moment."

"Thank you, Uncle Sherlock!" She cried and latched onto him. He hugged her back and exchanged looks with Susanna and John. Tomorrow will be a busy day.

Hope you enjoyed this one! Thank you for reading!!