Chapter 2- The Smoking Skeleton

Chapter 2   
When we walked into the front door, I noticed that there was a tall skeleton wearing a science lab coat with a cigar inside. He looked surprised to see Toriel walk in, and he respectfully bowed his head to her.
"There's no need for that Doctor Gaster, please... I'm no longer queen," she said.
"Ah, yes your highness."
"And what did I say about the cigar?"
"No smoking inside; yes I know."
"Then what are you doing with that cigar?"
"It's not even lit..."
"Still," Toriel sounded firm.
"Okay, okay; I'm going outside!"
He left the house with a lighter in his other hand. I noticed that he had one hole in each of his hands.
"I do not understand why he likes to smoke so much..."
Toriel sighed.
"Nevermind!"
She sat down in the big chair by the fireplace. That chair looked comfy.
"You know I always wanted to be a teacher," she said.
I watched her patiently, as if I had something that I wanted to ask her.
"I had already planned out a curriculum for your education. I want you to enjoy your stay here now that you live here."
I slowly changed the look on my face to disappointment.
"What? What is it?"
"When can I go home?"
"But this is your home now! Want to hear about this new book I am reading? It's called 72 uses for snails."
"More about the ruins!"
Toriel sighed.
"Stay here there's something that I have to do first!"
Toriel left the room, and Doctor Gaster seemed to have re-entered the room only without his cigar now.
"Have you seen my older son, Sans?"
"No...?"
I was awfully confused about what he was asking me about.
"What's a sans?"
"It's not 'what,' it's 'who.'"
"Okay... Who is he?"
I just now realized that I didn't know what I should be referring Sans to.
"He's my older son, and I can't seem to find him... He's not home, and he's not at the lab either. The lab over in hot land."
"Good luck finding him...?"
I was unsure of what to say to him.
"Would you mind helping me find him?"
"No...? Although, I would really like to get home myself," I asked unsure of myself.
"Good! Come with me then," he said as he walked into the kitchen. I trailed behind him; unsure of what he's true intentions were.