24. You deserve this and more

Mehra Residence

The door bell has been ringing for the fifth time now. Radhika who was alone at home and was taking a nap, got irritated with the non stop ringing. She got up from her deep sleep and rubbed her eyes to get rid of the remaining sleep. She moved towards the door half sleepily. On the way her eyes fell on the wall clock and got to know that it was 3pm. It was a saturday and Arjun went out early morning stating about some important work. Nandini went to their orphanage and will only return on Monday. 

Radhika opened the door only to meet an unwanted guest, Bonnie. Bonnie made a face when she saw Radhika and pushed her aside quite rudely and stepped in. Radhika first got shocked at her this behavior and then got extremely irritated but kept quiet as she was Arjun's friend. Bonnie walked in as if she owned the place and looked all around. 

"Arjun..." Bonnie called out three to four times, completely ignoring Radhika's presence. Radhika was full on pissed now but controlled her voice when she talked.

Radhika, "Arjun is not here, neither is Nandini di. Can I help you with anything?"

Bonnie glared at Radhika while replying, "Did I ask you anything? Anyway I know more about this house and the people in it than you. You just came yesterday... and will be gone tomorrow. Don't forget."

Radhika's anger reached to a bursting level but before she could retort back, Bonnie went inside the house. Radhika took a deep breath and followed her, only to witness Bonnie going into Arjun's room. 

As Bonnie entered into Arjun's room, she saw something that shocked her. Above the bed there was a big photo of Arjun and Radhika which was took at their engagement. In the photo Radhika was looking down at the engagement ring on her finger, smiling, and Arjun was holding her hand and looking at Radhika with a smile.

Bonnie was stunned at her place seeing this and she looked around the room to notice some more photo frames hung on the walls. Some were of Arjun alone, Nandini alone or Radhika alone while others had all the three or two of them together. This obviously made her aware of the importance of Radhika in Arjun's life and also about the fact that Arjun was slipping away from her hand.

Bonnie turned around quite abruptly and left after giving another scathing glare to Radhika. All this while Radhika was fuming thinking about Bonnie's behavior and at the her obvious show of importance in Arjun's life.  

Radhika tried to divert her mind by cooking something in the kitchen and started to make tea. She was more or less successful in forgetting all about Bonnie when the door bell again rang. This again reminded her of Bonnie and again, like a switch was turned on, her anger rose. She thought it was Bonnie again at the door and took a bottle of cold water from the fridge. She opened the door and poured out the cold water on the person before her who according to her was Bonnie.

But then Radhika and the person before her was shocked. Radhika was shocked seeing the person while the person was shocked to receive such a welcome from his to-be-wife. Radhika was about to apologize to Arjun when the memory of Bonnie going into his bnedroom came in her mind. Her expression turned to apologetic to pissed off in a fraction of a second, scaring the daylights out of the confused Arjun. 

She glared like she have never glared before at Arjun before saying, "You deserve this and more."

By saying this she turned around and went in, leaving behind a confused, terrified and sulky Arjun.

He scratched his head saying, "What did I do now?!!"  

I know this is too short but please make do with this as the next part will be updated soon and also this story is going to end soon