19

That day, both Noah and Emma slept with a smile on their faces. Noah noticed that Emma was warming up to him, and he liked that. He liked that Emma was not seeing him as a murderer. He wanted to fulfill his promise of protecting her and making her happy. Noah didn't take his promise as a burden; he genuinely liked whatever was happening. Yet, he was worried, for her. Luke, an old foe, was after him and he didn't want Emma to get tangled in his mess, but unfortunately she did. He knew he had to watch out for her. He owed her his life.

Days passed but at the end, their thoughts of each other knotted them together.

Now, only two weeks of Emma's vacation were left and she wanted to make things work. She knew just the way she needed to dress to look beautiful as ever, the way her grandmother taught her, "the supreme excellence is simplicity". After trying on a number of her favorite dresses, she found the one. A simple and modest, white dress. It was a knee length, sleeveless, casual dress. She paired them with her favorite sandals. After showering, she dried her long, strawberry blonde hair and put on mascara and cherry lip balm. She looked in the mirror and smiled at herself, she felt like looking prettier today, for some unknown reason. She wanted to impress someone.

Emma got ready and left for the market first. As usual, she walked. She was extra cheery and bubbly today, she had a lethal plan in her mind, but to execute it she needed to do some searching. She went to the shop and found it, a gun. Today, she was going to end it, once and forever.