Snapped

Aria's P.O.V.

I followed silently as the highly trained assassin I knew and loved went on yet another mission. He had grown distant since reuniting with his once dead brother, and he had very little conversations with me if not at all.

"Can we at least talk about this? I did tell you he was alive, Hanzo. You just refused to believe me." I flew ahead of him as I spoke and forced him to stop. "I even told you that he wasn't the same."

Hanzo glared at me, but his eyes didn't hold as much hostility as he may have liked them to. He stepped to the side as if he was going to go around me, but I made the earth at his feet shift and hold him in place.

"Are you forgetting that I control the ground you stand on?" I raised an eyebrow. "Or do you believe that I will simply not harm you because of my feelings toward you?"

"You never fight around me, so I forget what you are capable of." He answered.

"Do you need to be reminded? If you wish to take your anger out on me for something I couldn't control, go right ahead. I won't hold back the way Genji did."

"Genji did not hold back!"

"Yes, he did. Hanzo, you are brothers. He could've easily killed you the moment you were caught in his gaze, but he avoided casualties. Unlike you, he cannot bring himself to kill his own blood."

"You will not lecture me about the past! What I did had to be done!"

"What you did was avoidable! I'm not going to stand here and watch you rip yourself to shreds over this! Genji died, and now he's alive again. He may not be human, but he is here. He's living, and he's breathing. He doesn't care about what you did. He forgave you. He did that years ago, and you can't look past the pride and honor system that was driven into you to see that! I may love you, Hanzo, but I'm not going to be here to watch you kill yourself over honor and redemption."

I released the hold on his feet and flapped my wings once, sending myself feet above him in the air. I looked down at him to see that he was staring up at me. I shook my head and flew away.

~

"You did what?"

"He wasn't listening to me, Angela. What was I supposed to do?"

"You left Hanzo while you were trying to infiltrate the headquarters of a massive drug trading gang, and you think that's okay?"

"Genji, can you please explain to Angela how Hanzo is?"

"Although I do agree with you that leaving his presence was wise, I believe Angela is right. He should not have been left alone in such a dangerous area."

"Hanzo is Hanzo. He'll make it out alive. He's done it before."

"What if he doesn't?"

"Angela, I honestly don't need you putting those kinds of thoughts in my head."

The cyborg ninja placed his hand on my shoulder as he stood in front of me, pausing my never ending pacing.

"Aria," He said. "Hanzo cannot do everything alone. That is why he needs you there with him. Trust me when I say this. If he truly could do everything alone, he would not endanger the love of his life."

"How would you know?" I brushed his hand away.

"I saw the way he acts with you at the temple. He does everything he can to keep you out of the way when there is a battle. You may think that you are doing it yourself, but he has trained you to move away by moving you himself. He takes one step in a direction, and you follow. It is how you two are. You are one with him, and you are at peace."

"You've spent too much time with Zenyatta."

~

"We have received word from Hanzo. The infiltration was successful, and he will be passing here to get Aria."

"Why is he wasting his time by traveling all the way here? It would be easier for the both of us just to head home. He's going out of his way to come here."

"He wants to make sure you are safe."

Genji and Mercy both watched me as I paced the floor. I had long since given up on arguing with the two about Hanzo.

"I really do believe this habit of yours is bad for your health." Mercy whispered. "It can't be good for your joints."

"Angela, I have real wings." I said, pointing to my back as my wings unfurled. "It's not like I actually need my legs."

"Yes, but you spend so much time in the air. Continuous pacing after having very little time walking doesn't seem healthy."

"Well, when my legs decide to give out, I'll come find you."

Genji chuckled, the robotic echo making it sound odd. Zenyatta silently came into the room and led me outside without a word. I lowered my head when I saw Hanzo waiting for me.

"Safe travels, Friends." Zenyatta said as we left.