PROLOUGE

Minghao
Hakyeon

[Minghao's POV]

"30 minutes to go and our shift will be over," Hakyeon-hyung says before he sits beside me then looks at the time on his watch. He puts his bow down on his lap and leans his head on my shoulder while fanning himself with his hands.

"Yay..." I lazily response then leans my head on the top of his. I let out a sigh because of the stress and tiredness, and drops my bag full of throwing knives right beside Hakyeon's bow  while his quiver is hanging loosely on his shoulder.

Being on the second year of college with this kind of job during the night time is a hectic situation. Good thing, this works only on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

"Aigoo~ don't be so stressed out Mingming, our job is only to secure the whole forest until it's midnight," Hyung states while patting my head lightly and giving me a warm smile. I have the urge to slap off his hand yet the smile pushes me i shouldn't.

"You know, if you weren't my hyung and my cousin– I already have scratch your face, hyung."

The next thing I know, Hakyeon twists my ear counter clockwise that makes me yelp afterwards.

"Hyung?!"

"Yah! Now you're yelling at your hyung, you brat?!"

"You started it!"

"Yah! If weren't for me, you still have to argue with your mother about going here for your college from China or else you wouldn't be here!"

I am thinking of answering him back but i just keep it to myself before letting out another sigh then looks down.

"Sorry, hyung. I'm just stressed because of school and stuff. I'm also exhausted, now that we've been assigned on a night duty," I apologizes right away while ruffling my hair in frustration.

Hakyeon-hyung eyes at me with soft look and gives a pat on my shoulder, reassuring me that everything is going to be fine.

I am Xu Minghao, a Chinese but also known as Seo Myungho here in Korea. A 19 years old and a college student from Cypher University. I'm currently taking the course photography and above all, a hunter.

Hakyeon-hyung and I are hunters, which is being passed through our generation. Our job is to secure the town or city from the dangerous beings, like werewolves and vampires.

Yes, werewolves and vampires are real, yet not like books or in the movies. Not too long ago, werewolves and vampires are enemies (it isn't surprising, right?) yet one day, the war has stopped, which means as of the time now, they're equal.

Werewolves have pack who they group themselves by their family or friends and of course, no clashes between packs unless there's a valuable reason and have to take on the authorities.

While the vampires still have clans. They are allowed to drink animal blood either hunting or getting it from their warehouses which the government provides for them. They also can have human blood, only when it's necessary like they are severely wounded.

This world is full of supernatural and such. Not only vampires or werewolves are the only ones who are different. As for me–

"Hyung, can I go early? I want to run around this forest."

He raises his eyebrow at me as he deeply sighs. He then tugs the string of his silver bow as it reflects from the moon.

"While in your... form?"

I nod in response, hoping he will let me just this once.

"Please, hyung? The last time I turned back into my form was when I'm still at China and besides, there are no one in the forest at this time," I explain as I crouch in front of him with a pouting look, knowing the elder is soft for this.

He closes his eyes and scratches his nape before seriously looking at me.

"Okay, fine. Just be careful. You have an hour to run in this forest and nothing more. If something goes wrong, don't be afraid to use your power to run at our station. Don't turn back into your human form and bring weapons since someone might know that you are a hunter and they might search for you. Understood?"

I quickly nod as I can before tackling him on a hug as I get teary.

"Thank you, hyung. Don't worry, you can trust me on this."

He pats my head before showing his smile at me. He then grabs my hands and caresses it and sighs.

"Now, go on. You should be at the station at exact 12:35, got it? I'll wait for you there so we can go home together," He instructs me while bringing out his pocket watch and ties it on my neck.

I smile widely as I start to undress then folds my clothes neatly before handing it to Hakyeon-hyung.

I step back then close my eyes as I begin to concentrate on turning into a being with white ears, green and blue eyes and of course, nine big whitetails.

I hold my breathe as I open my eyes and directly stares at Hakyeon then look down to see my paws and claws touching the grassy ground as I feel tails swaying behind me looking so big and beautiful in my small furry body.

I feel a hand on my head as it gently pets my pointy ears then I turn my head towards its owner. Hakyeon-hyung chuckles then pinches my nose slightly, making me sneeze.

"Now, go. Don't make me take back my words," He mockingly says as he steps back before showing his wide smile while he is observing me.

I whine in protest then quickly scramble off to run but stop in halfway and I turn my head back to him.

"Thank you, hyung," I mind link him as I run off again into the forest, feeling the adrenaline rush as my tails wag and air hitting my fur.

As I forget to tell you. My name is Xu Minghao, a hunter came from China and secretly a–

9 tails Kitsune.
--------------------------------------

Hi! Unnie/Noona author is here, hehehe. So how was it? Mian, it's my first time to make a story ;-;. Anyway... I hope you enjoy the prologue! See ya!!

BTW, I dedicated this to phi-ilia who proofread this and the other more chapters that will come soon. Also to my Jun rp friend who made my cover XD and also to my two favorite svt authors which korehao and Jihoff who inspired me to write.

Moonlight [JunHao Fanfic] (Book 1 of Dawn Series)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara