The Cave...

A/N: Parseltongue and Newspaper/Letters and Canon Divergence

Narrator's POV

As they hit off the Knight Bus, the duo approached the caves with the small boat that was enchanted when Tom commented, "I can feel the wards from here, one has to be in here."

The cave was dark and chilly even though it was morning, and it was filled with puddles, but in the center of the room was a basin filled with a emerald colored potion and at the bottom, a locket with a 'S' on it.

Harry tried reaching into the potion but found himself unable to breach the surface of the liquid, "The hell?"

Tom shook his head, "No, I wouldn't make it so easy, I think we have to drink it."

"What? It could be poison or something?" Harry said in a tone that said 'this could kill me'

"I know, I know, I'll drink it." Tom replied causing Harry to look at him in confusion, "I think I know what it is, I was tinkering with something like this in school. It's suppose to make the drinker feel weak and sick but not kill them...because there would be inferi around."

They both looked around for the inferi when they found dozens of them in the waters they came from.

There was a cup next to the basin, that Tom tried to pick up but just went through his hand, since he was still trapped in the Diary and not physically real for anyone except Harry since they shared a soul.

Tom shook his head again, "I had to put in a safeguard for myself, in case I had to move it."

Tom thought for several minutes, "Harry put your hand on mine."

Harry slowly did as told, putting his right hand over Tom's right as Tom held his hand over the basin.

Tom castes something that Harry didn't understand even though he spoke parseltongue, "Ad me: ego dominus."

And just like that, the liquid began to drain out of the basin and only the locket remained, Harry picking it up and placing it around his neck.

"We should hurry before the inferi wake up." Tom replied, pulling Harry back to the boat

"That's a waste of time, since the spell on them has worn off." A new voice that sounded like Tom's said

Harry turned to Tom to see him just as confused as he was, then they turned to look behind them to see an older version of Tom who was wearing a black suit and had longer hair and red eyes.

Tom didn't speak as he looked at the older version of himself, but Harry did, "Hi."

"So you're collecting the horcruxes, huh?" The Locket asked

"Yeah." Harry replied

"Luckily for you, I'm the fifth horcrux and you've already got the first." Locket said

"You're going to help us?" Harry asked

"Yes, I've been trapped in a bowl for....what year is it ?" Locket asked

"1997." Harry answered

"For 43 years, doing nothing, I'm bored as hell." Locket finished

"Then were do we go next?" Tom...well, Diary Tom asked

"The horcrux I made after you was the ring, it should be in Little Hangleton if we didn't move it." Locket replied

"Then well head there next." Diary decided as they left the cave in the boat

***

As they were on the boat in an awkward silence, Locket looked at the gorgeous boy that accompanied the two parts of the Dark Lord's soul.

Harry Potter, a boy who was desperately trying to hide the fact that he was androgynous, and it was clear to Locket that Diary hadn't caught on yet.

But the clothes that Harry was wearing is what gave it away, after a particle bad wave Harry's clothes were soaking wet and his shirt clung to his body, exposing the feminine shape of his legs and waist.

Locket made up his mind: he wanted Harry for himself.

He had been told the plan by Harry and Diary had kept his arm firmly around Harry's waist the whole time, suggesting that they were in a relationship, but Locket was still going to steal Harry's heart from him.

And then he'd merge with the others have contain most of the soul —save the small piece in Harry— and be solid enough to be real, and help Harry defeat his original self.

As the approached shore, Locket helped Harry out of the boat, earning a glare from Diary, and Harry summoned the Knight Bus and asked to get a ride to Little Hangleton.

***

In Malfoy Manor, Lord Voldemort listened to the Death Eaters report, still no sign of Harry Potter and they were still gaining control of the Ministry.

But he wouldn't rest until he had the boy in his grasp, Harry starting to make appearances in his dreams, mostly in his bed.

***

Dumbledore sat with the Order, still Harry hadn't been found.

The damn boy was becoming more trouble than he was worth, Neville seemed to be a better candidate for his Golden Boy but Neville's natural clumsiness was the only thing holding him back...