2

"Everything happens for a reason. Right?"

Isabella
So it happens another Monday has rolled around. This was my second week in my new school and so far I like it I've met a grade 10 named Birdie and she is very sweet. But I really miss my mom and grandma, even though we are only 30 minuets away there still my only family.

I woke up at 7 and had only 30 minutes to get ready. I straightened my hair last night so I wouldn't have to do much this morning. I put some mascara on and did my eyebrows and felt satisfied with what I did so I moved onto clothing. I slide on blue ripped jeans and a tucked in but still begging black and red supreme shirt. I went to the kitchen and ate a quick breakfast. I then slipped on white converse and was ready to walk to school.

When I got to school I was right on time for first class. I walked in the room as soon as the bell rung and I was sitting next to this guy that I've only seen a few times, but knew i should never talk to him. He's always in the back off the class and has his head down. Just the day, the one day I forget to bring a pen, I knew I had to ask him for one because the teacher was already half way done writing a note. "Umm hi, uh I forgot a pen do you have one?" I ask hoping he would have one. He looked as if he was about to growl. He turned to his beg and just when I thought he was ignoring me he slid a pen onto my desk. "Thank you" he didn't reply again.

It was just about the end of class and we were done writing pointless notes when I decided I better give his pen back. I simply just slid it on his desk like he did to me at the start of class. He reached to get his pen when I realized he had bruises on his knuckles. I've had those before but mine was from practicing to hard. I wondered what he could have done. "Ok class we are going on a trip next week have your parents sign these permission slips" the teacher said happily. The boy next to me stood right up and flipped his desk saying "f u and this hole class" and went out of the class. Everyone looked as me as if I did something.

When the bell rang I went out of the class as fast as I could. There was a crowd of students around someone and everyone was cheering on a boy named Hayden. I pushed up in front of the crowd and saw the boy from my class and another boy fighting. The boy from my class was obviously winning. The other guy was about to be knocked out cold when I knew I had to do something. I ran into the middle and pushed this Hayden dude to safety and I pushed the other guy away. That's when the teacher came and caught me pushing him. "Both of u to the office Now!" The old lady yelled.

We followed her to the office and waited for the principal. He came in seconds later. "So what do you think you were doing young lady?" He asks almost shocked I actually stopped the fight. "Well you see he was punching another student and I was simply saving him" I say. "Is this true Carter?" He looks at him. "sure is George, you old bat"  his face completely changes. "Carter 3 weeks of detention and Isabella 1 week". He must have new him because that wasn't a bad punishment. Carter sent me a hard glare before we both went out. "Don't get in my way little princess or I'm gonna have to step on your tutu" I was about to say something back when he rounded the corner and was gone

I went to second period for the last 20 minuets of it. I went to my seat next to Birdie "how the hell did you get him to stop fighting?" I shrugged "my brother never stops fighting" my jaw dropped to the floor "he's your brother" I never woulda saw that one coming. "We duh everyone knows that" she says. "Well I didn't" she laughs

Class was now over and I thought I should ask why his brother did that in class. Once I got some Mac and cheese for lunch I sat down at our normal table and waited. Once she sat down it was go time. "Hey can I ask you something?" She nods and I go on "the teacher was talking how we have to get our parents to sign permission slips to go on a trip and all the sudden your brother cussed out the class and left. Why did he do that do you know?". She looked down as if she was going to cry "you don't have to tell me it's ok" she looked up and said "no, your my friend you should know" "our family died and Carter saw things that he should have never had to seen and he never went back to normal after that" she looked down again "it's ok can I do anything?" I ask because I know how she feels. "Actually yes there is"

♦️Much love Lauren♦️