💜 Chapter 2 - The New Kid 💜

"Uhh... H-Hi, My name is Shuichi... Shuichi Saihara. It's nice to meet you all." He shyly said and slowly bowed down.

I can tell that he's very nervous when he was introducing himself. His body can't stand still, it was shaking the whole time. "It's nice to meet you, too." Everyone else replied and bowed. He was assigned to seat in front of me, which was kinda chill. I wouldn't mind and I know everyone else won't, too.

Time passed and it's now time for lunch. Seitaro likes eating inside the classroom, the complete opposite of me. I eat alone, but at least the place looks nice. I packed my bento and headed to my favorite eating place-- the school garden.

When I reached the garden, I suddenly stopped, currently in a state of shock. I slowly walked closer to my favorite spot and I saw Shuichi eating his lunch while reading a book, alone. Actually, I can't do closer to my spot-- because he's already AT my spot T^T.

I approached Shuichi, sat next to him with a little distance. "Do you like what you're seeing here?" I asked, trying to get his attention. No response, he's too into his book he's reading. Oh well, I'll just eat then. I unwrapped my bento and started eating.

Ugh... this is too awkward. I didn't have fun eating today. I cleaned up my space and wraped the cloth around my bento. "Uhmm, this place looks amazing." I finally heard Shuichi speak. That means that he was paying attention to what I said a while ago. I sweated for a little bit. "Y-Yeah, you think so, too?" I asked looking at my side. "Mmhmm!" He smiled and nodded.

The cute smile on his face, the voice that echoed in my ear for a while. For some reason, he makes my heart beat harder than usual. All I can do is to smile back. "I'm glad that you enjoyed eating here. D-Do you want to meet here again tomorrow and eat?" I asked with my shaky voice. Then his smile disappeared instantly and he looked down. "Y-Yes, sure." He said.

"I'm Rantaro Amami. Nice to meet you." I happily said and lent my hand. He offered his and we shaked hands for a good two seconds. "I-It's nice talking with you today, Amami." He answered back and started going back to the room before me. As he go out of the garden, my necklace started glowing again. It's not yellow this time. It was different-- more like PURPLE. I wonder what that meant. I hope it's something good, too.

Although I think he didn't have fun today because the majority of the time we ate was pretty awkward. Now I'm scared, I don't wanna know anymore. This is just too much, but I think I'll manage soon.

Class started again, I looked over at Shuichi and noticed something different. He became the shy type of person again. He became quiet, too just like this morning when class started. I think he has not talked to other people yet except for me.

Why though?

What's wrong...?

I want to help you, Shuichi...!

The bell rang for the third time today. It's time to go home, walk with Seitaro like we always do since we met. While we were walking towards the gate, a car passed by, stopped nearby and opened the door. "I wonder who'se car is that?" I asked Seitaro while staring at the car. It looked nice and it's color is dark blue. "It's probably Shuichi's parents'. Look!" Seitaro said and poonted at Shuichi walking and going in the car. The car slowly moved and I saw Shuichi at the window, waving at me. I waved back but I bet he didn't see it because of the accelerating car.

"Why on earth did you wave at the car? What's wrong with you?" Suddenly Seitaro asked me for looking stupid outside of school. "O-Oh, nothing... I'm sorry." I said and started walkig with him. "Well, someone in our class told me that you were with Shuichi during lunch." He said and smiled weirdly at me. "Tell me what happened back there." He asked. "We just ate lunch with an awkward atmosphere... that's it." I said and shook my head.

Then my necklace emitted a color different from yellow.

What does purple mean?

Why am I worried that he dislike me?

How come... I started to have the slightest feelings for him...?

Shuichi... please tell me tomorrow...

What you think of me.