💜 Chapter 3 - I Feel Safe 💜

On the way home, I had no choice but to tell Seitaro everything I did with Shuichi earlier. I mean-- we just awkwardly ate and shared thoughts about the school garden. The only thing different was that my necklace emitted a color purple. I wonder what Shuichi felt when he was with me?

Thinking too much made my tummy growl. All of the sudden I became hungry. "Hey, Seitaro! Let's eat somewhere first. I'm hungry" I asked Seitaro to go with me. "Okay! Your treat." He replied. I smiled and nodded, then he became excited. We went to a nearby convenient store and stopped by. There, I collected myself and told him about the necklace glowing two different colors for today.

YELLOW if someone cares about you, but how about PURPLE?

What does this one signifies?

Why am I so eager to know...?

Shuichi...

Please tell me.

"Well, yeah I really care about you. If I don't then I wouldn't pull you away from the road earlier this morning." He said which I believe is true. He cares too much that he goes by my house when I'm sick and becomes my mother for the day. I'm glad I met someone like Seitaro. I held his hand to make sure if yellow does mean that he cares.

Confirmed...

He does care about me

I'm glad

"Oh! It glowed yellow." He said while pointing at my necklace. "Yup! That means you really do care. Thank you" I said as I let go of his hand then gently held onto my necklace. Few moments later we finished eating and continued walking home. I waved goodbye as soon as I saw my house and started running. "Take care!" Seitaro shouted and I gave him a thumbs up.

"I'm home." I said as my saw my mom approaches me and hugged me. I hugged back and watch my necklace glows yellow again. It really makes me happy seeing it. The fact that it means a good thing and it's a nice color. "Have you figured out some colors, yet?" My mom asked. "Just... yellow, and purple glowed, too but I don't know what it means yet." I answered. "You'll know, soon." She said back and kissed my forehead.

I changed my clothes and slept for the afternoon.

Uhh... funny thing is-

I didn't wake up.

Until morning.

Uwaah! I skipped dinner again

I woke up and looked at my clock, 7:15 AM. I skipped dinner again, now I'm waking up very hungry. I washed myself in the bathroom and then went to the kitchen to eat dinner and breakfast. I also prepared myself for school so that mom does not have to worry about me.

A little later then I started heading to school with Seitaro. Second day of school-- I hope Shuichi keeps his promise to eat with me later at the garden again. I blankly smiled hoping to see Shuichi smile like that again today.

But...

He didn't come to the garden.

He always disappears during lunch.

A week passed and it's still going. Shuichi has been more quiet lately-- always not in the mood after breaks. I wonder what happened and what has been happening to him.

Shuichi...

Let me help you

Another day has come-- lunch time specifically, Shuichi went out the room now. I don't know why but I suddenly got up on my seat and quietly followed him. Ah, he's going to the garden now.

I'm-- glad...?

Something's not right

A group of kids approached Shuichi and circled around him. What are they doing to Shuichi? Stop hurting him! STOP IT!

I barged in the circle and guided Shuichi at my back. "Hey! Don't hurt the new comer." I said with my shaking voice. I never done this kind of thing before. I usually let others do what they want to each other. Why am I like this? How did I become like this?

"Heh? Who's this kid? Your savior?" One guy said and grabbed my uniform. Is this the feeling of being bullied? I didn't care what will happen to me that time. I just punched the guy holding my uniform and held Shuichi's hand. "I'm going to report all of you to the guidance counselor." I said then the bullies started running away. I didn't notice this but PURPLE emitted again in my necklace.

I didn't care about it for now.

As long as Shuichi's not hurt, I'm fine.

"Come! Let's go to the garden, Shuichi" I said, trying to cheer him up. He nodded and we walked together to the garden to eat.

Over there he explained everything why he hasn't been going to the garden to eat. He was being bullied by those guys for the past week-- taking his lunch and his money. Rather than showing up being empty-handed, he goes to the comfort room and cry. He also apologized for not coming for the past week but I said it's fine as long as he's not going to be bllied again.

"Umm, Amami?" He called my name in a calm voice then held my hand again. "Thank you... for today. I don't know why-- but when I'm next to you... I feel safe. I can calm down when I'm with you." He calmly said and smile. Besides that, my necklace glowed PURPLE one more time. He blushed then let go of my hand. "Oh! Th-That was kinda embarrassing, sorry." He said. I held his face so he could look at me smile at him. "It's fine!"

Is my question answered...?

Purple when someone feels safe when you're with them...

I'll take it.

I'll protect Shuichi.