꓄ꅐꂦ

The Grill is just as crowded as I remember it, and it's been few years. No one seemed to recognize me as I scoped the place out and took a seat at the bar.

The bar tender immediately came to my service and I ordered the finest whiskey they had in stock.

"They say what happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas," Someone takes the seat next to me and I recognize the voice immediately.

"Damon," I smile at him. "They really will let just about anyone in here won't they?" I tease. "Well you got in didn't you?" He shot back.

"Touché,"

"What are you doing here?" He asked. "Karma's a bitch," I take another gulp of my drink. "I told you it would all catch up to you," he laughed lightly. "Who in their right mind would agree with you?" I scoffed. "If more people would listen to me the world might be a better place." He declared.

"On the contrary," a bystander spoke. "If the people would listen to you the world would have ended a long time ago," he continues, coming closer. The man in front of me was almost as handsome as Damon, but his vibe threw me off.

"Stefan Salvatore," He offered his hand. "Kylie," I took it. "You look familiar," he adds. "Really? I think I'd remember a face like yours," I simper. He doesn't respond with anything but an amused kind of smile and I can see Damon fake a gag out of the corner of my eye.

"It's rude to eaves drop, brother," Damon frowned. "What are you doing here?" He asks coldly. "It's a public establishment, Damon. I can be here without your consent." Stefan snapped.

"Wait," I interrupted their bickering and turned my attention to Damon. "Brother? You never told me you had a brother?"

"Why would he?" Stefan answers for him. "He despises me."
"Okay, let's move past the family drama then. I came here to drink before I get back on the road," I finish the rest of my whiskey.

"You're not staying?" Damon asks and I shake my head. "No, I have other places I'd much rather be,"

"It's late, you shouldn't be going anywhere on your own, epsecially since you've been drinking," Stefan points out. "My brother, always so valiant," Damon taunts. Stefan ignores him, "Do you need a place to stay for the night?" He asks. I debate it for a moment, deciding it'd be good to have some time to think about where I'm going and if I stay low I should be fine.

"A place to stay would be great actually," I nod. "Then let's go." Damon leads the way.

\∆/∆\∆/

The Salvatore house is big, which honestly doesn't surprise me. Damon's always had good taste, it makes sense that his family house would be tasteful as well. Damon showed me to a room.

"Do you want me to find something more comfortable for you to sleep in? I remember how much you loved sleeping in my t-shirts," He smirks. "I'll pass," I laugh at his failed attempt.

"Does Damon have another one of his flings upstairs?" Someone down stairs snickered. "No," Stefan scoffed. "It's not like that, she just needed a place to stay," he went on to explain. "Stefan," the girl was clearly skeptical. "Where? In his bed?" She proceeds to giggle.

"Nice to know how little you actually think of me, Elena," Damon moved past me and made his way halfway down the stairs. Elena? Panic began to wash over me but I tried not to let that show. "Like you didn't already know," The girl snarked. Maybe it was a different Elena? My Elena was never so rude. It couldn't be her.

"Kylie, I'd like you to meet someone," Damon looked back to me and the fear was suddenly more evident. I knew he saw it too when his forehead scrunched in confusion. "I'm okay," I shook my head. "Come on," he insists. "Since when are you the shy type?"
"Since now," I object but he comes back up and pulls me with him before I have a chance to turn around.

"Elena, this is Kylie," Stefan gestures to me. My breath hitches as soon as my eyes lock with hers. I feel like I'm about to be sick. She studies me curiously and then I see the recognition flash in her eyes. They begin to widen just as mine do. "Ich spreche kein englisch," I blurt out. "What the hell?" I hear Damon mutter but I'm already out the door before they can fully comprehend. "Wait!" I hear Elena chase after me. Good thing only one of us won first place in all the track meets.

I looked back to see that I had finally lost her but I'm immediately flashed by headlights. For a moment I thought maybe it was Damon but the figure that stepped out of the passenger side was much to tall to be his.