Chapter two

My alarm went off telling me it was 6am but I had been awake since 4:52am. I couldn't sleep after the events of yesterday were running round in my head. Claire is pregnant with my child. How could this be? We were so careful. 'Clearly you weren't.' my subconscious glared at me. 'Congratulations you have now fucked up her life and the child's life.' I tried to ignore my mind as I got up to go on a run.
My feet pounded against the pavement as I sprinted down 5th avenue with 'system of a down' beating in my ears. Usually when I went for a run it helped to clear my head but today there was just too much on my mind to clear. I ran past Claire's apartment, as always stopping to see if she was ok, before I headed back to Escala to have a shower before my meetings this morning with Rose and the publishing committee about buying NYT.
After a quick shower and an omelette prepared by Mrs Smith, I was in the back of the car while Jackson drove me to work. Despite the events that happened yesterday, I was in a fairly good mood and I was sure my staff could see that as I walked into the office.
"Good morning Mr Charcoal. Can I get you a coffee?" Amy was there to greet me as I got off the elevator.
"That would be great Amy. Milk please." I replied and I smiled which was returned by a very shocked face that was quickly replaced with a smile.
"Of course sir." Amy wondered off to the coffee machine while I went into my office.
Just as I sat down I got an email off Claire.

To: Mr Shane Charcoal
From: Miss Claire Danes
Subject: last night
Sent: 7:35am

"Thank you for seeing me last night it was good to see you again even if the timing wasn't convenient. About what you said to provide for myself and the child that won't be necessary however I am aware that you are quite stubborn so I agree to let you transfer $250 a week to my bank account to help with the care of the child as I know you have my bank details. I hope you aren't too busy and that you agree to my arrangement. - Claire Danes, editor at NYT"

What the fuck? She only wants $250 a week to care for the child when I offered to buy her a house. No I'm not letting her raise a child in that apartment. I sent back my reply and sat back waiting for my coffee, my good mood now ruined.

To: Miss Claire Danes
From: Mr Shane Charcoal
Subject: the inconvenient timing
Sent: 7:53am

Miss Danes, I'm rather annoyed and offended that you would turn down my proposition last night. As much as I hate that we weren't careful enough and we now have to deal with the child I do not approve of the little sum of money you have asked for and that you would rather live in that apartment then in a nice house rent free. Therefore I will send you $250,000 a week and I will be buying you a suitable place for you to live. I will have no further arguments on the matter. - Shane Charcoal, very annoyed CEO of Charcoal Incorporated."

Amy came in with my coffee and placed it down in front of me.
"Mr Charcoal I would like to remind you that I won't be here on Saturday through to Monday." Amy said nervously.
Oh shit I forgot that she'd asked for the time off. "Of course Amy I will make sure that you are down as paid outside of work so you will still get your salary this week. What is it that you were leaving for?" I asked and sipped my coffee.
"There's a family matter in Georgia that I'm needed for." Amy stammered. "I've arranged for Emily in the technology department to cover for me while I'm away." She said quickly.
"That's fine Amy. Hope everything is ok in Georgia. Could you get Rose on the line for me please."
"Of course sir." Amy hustled out of my office and a few moments later she patched me through to Rose.
My meeting g with Rose went well and I managed to talk with the current owner of NYT and put in a deposit of $240000 to buy it which was a very expensive deposit but it will be worth it if it means I can look after Claire at work. 'Your stalking her' my subconscious laughed. "Its not stalking its looking out for her" I told myself and I realized I had said that out loud luckily I was alone in my office. I hadn't heard back from Claire since my email earlier and figured she was working.  She shouldn't have to work when she's pregnant. I thought about maybe proposing that she leaves work and that she let's me provide for her but I knew that wouldn't go down well.
It was almost 4pm when I heard the tell tale ding letting me know that there was an email in my inbox.

To: Mr Shane Charcoal
From: Miss Claire Danes
Subject: over reacting
Sent: 3:57pm

"Mr Charcoal as much as I am grateful for that offer I think you are over reacting a bit to this child I k os you may still be in shock from it but I assure you I'm fine where I am. If we were together it would be different but as it stands we are not in a relationship so I'd thank you to back down. - Claire Danes, editor at NYT"

What the fuck is wrong with her? She honestly thinks that dump she lives in is appropriate to raise a baby. I felt my face heat up with anger and I was about to send her an email telling her this when I noticed that I was over reacting a bit. But she had said that she would agree if we were together so maybe I should just try to win her back.

To: Miss Claire Danes
From: Mr Shane Charcoal
Subject: over reacting
Sent: 4:07pm

"Very well Miss Danes I will send you the money but if you think that you would rather raise the child there who am I to say otherwise. - Shane Charcoal, CEO of Charcoal Incorporated"

I found a website online for flowers and order some over the phone.
"So that's 30 roses and 10 tulips in a bouquet." The woman over the phone repeated back to me. "Would you like a greeting card?"
"Yes please. The message is 'will you go out with me for dinner?' and I will need them sent to the address, 1543 5th avenue, by tomorrow evening." I said and after agreeing to it I hung up feeling very happy with myself.

Jackson was waiting outside when I finished work to take me home and as always we drove passed Claire's place. I went straight to my office when I got in to book a table at the most expensive place in Seattle. Mrs Smith had spent the last few hours cooking an amazing dinner and I didn't realize how hungry I was until I'd sat down in the kitchen.
"Thank you Gail." I said ask started to eat and I listened to my music in the stereo.
After dinner I went in the shower and while I was there I couldn't hel but picture Claire in there with me. The water dripping over her perfect boobs while she stroked and cleaned me the way I'd shown her when she was my sub. To feel her hand grip me again would be amazing. I stopped myself there as I was only tormenting myself.
I lay in bed thinking about what would happen if she says yes to going out for dinner with me tomorrow and if I could convince her to be mine again.
What is happening to me? I never thought like that before. None if my other subs left such a print on me and I never cared for them this much after they had gone. But then again Claire was never really my sub. Though the memories of her tied up while I tormented her with the vibrator was fun. I smiled and fell asleep dreaming of her moans as I hit my crop over her nipples, her head thrown back in orgasm.