Paradise - Duke Levi x Duchess Reader

{AU}

Trigger Warnings: OOC Levi probably

In tribute to the Royal Wedding

Levi has been acting distant lately, and it made you quite worried. He wasn't always a person who spoke about his feelings, but he wasn't one to get drunk almost every night and not speak to you at all. 

Upon finally bundling up your nerves, you knocked on his closed study door. 

"Come in." His voice sounded strained, you could hear the fatigue in his voice. You opened the door and set down the tray of tea and biscuits on his desk. Levi's family was wealthy, he was the son of the Queen for Sina's sake! You were glad that the royal family didn't pester you about your relationship but they did keep a steady eye on the both of you. 

"How are you feeling? Are you sick?" You rubbed his arm and massaged his shoulders. He was filing paperwork and the bags under his eyes was more noticeable than ever. 

"I'm fine, love." He smiled at you and took the cup of tea. You kissed the top of his head and leaned on his desk. 

"You've been so distant, I'm getting worried." You furrowed your brows.

He set down the cup and stood up, facing you. He flicked your forehead making you pout and kissed your brows. "I love you, don't ever forget that. Speaking of which, let's go for lunch. I don't want to be cramped in the office any more than I need to."

You beamed and held his hand as he led you out of the office, out the palace and into the car already waiting for the two of you. After a year of being with Levi, you've given up on asking how everything was so organised. To the last detail. 

You wanted to ask where you were going but you soon realised that if he wanted you to know, he would've told you. You bit your tongue and looked out the window. It was a lovely day, the sky was so blue and the sunshine was so warm. 

The cafe was simple, not something that royals would be seen at. This made you feel more at ease, just in case you make a fool of yourself. The little shop owner looked at the two of you and flashed a bright smile. She was about to bow when Levi stopped her and told her it wasn't needed. He ordered for the two of you and led you to an empty table. 

"I love spending time with you." He pinched your cheek lightly and you giggled. 

"Likewise, Levi. I love you."

"I love you too." He brought your hand to his lips, making you blush and look away. "I have a question."

"Hmm?"

"This is the reason why I've been so distant and I've felt so scared, so doubtful of this whole thing, of us." You frowned. "I don't want to be apart from you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want you, you only. So the question, (F/n), is... Will you be my wife? Will you marry me?" He sank to one knee and retrieved a small velvet box from his blazer pocket and opened it. Inside, was a beautiful ring. 

Your breath was hitched at your throat. Your hand in his, you begin to weep. Everyone was looking at you two and applauding when you said yes and threw your hands around Levi. You felt like the happiest girl alive. You were marrying a prince, a prince you love and a prince that loves you. 

~~~

It hasn't even been two days and your engagement with Prince Levi was already the front page of the newspaper. The photos of his proposal made covers of magazines and the hashtag made it to #1 trending on multiple websites. 

You and Levi both reported to the queen regarding this merry news and the royal family gave the two of you their blessings. 

"So, when's the wedding?" Petra, your best friend asked you the moment you picked up the phone.