.47 (final chapter)*

natalie looked at the scene from behind the rocks

her sister was climbing quickly, while zion was almost at the top of the cliff. he paused there, staring at the void below him, when her sister's voice reached him.

surprised, he turned around. his expression was a mixture of confusion and anger. rae's desperate expression didn't make a dent in his stupid decision, and he turned back to the cliff.

rae climbed higher, trying not to fall. with a worried glance at the grey skies, she gulped and stopped a few feet behind zion. he went rigid, fists clenched. natalie tried not to intervene, knowing very well that her presence would disturb zion.

the loud wind did not allow her to listen to what rae started talking about. but she could see. rae's lips were moving quickly, matching the pace of her hands moving about frantically. zion relaxed a little, but still didn't turn around.

natalie's gut clenched. she did love him. she wanted to be the one in her sister's place, fighting for him. but considering how she fought against him in the past, she decided to let it rest. 

one look at rae's now crying face made her heart hurt. her sister. her sister, who cared for everyone. her little sister, who put everyone else before her. her sister, saving the boy she loved. at that moment, she vowed to herself that she would mend their broken relationship.

rae was now moving. she went closer to him, encouraged by the fact that he turned around, even though his head was bowed, staring at the ground. rae moved closer, slowly but surely, hand outstretched as if approaching a wounded animal.

a drizzle started, but the two of them didn't notice. rae was full on crying now, holding zion's hands in hers, whispering urgently to him. he finally raised his head, tears of his own streaming in his eyes, and said something. rae whispered something back, and he nodded.

she sighed in relief, and threw her arms around him. he held her close, slightly hesitant. a few moments later, as if everything was okay, he pulled her close. the rain increased in frequency, beating around them, thundering in the rocks. natalie was worried about who close they were to the edge, but didn't want to interrupt their moment.

suddenly, he kissed her. the passion could be seen clearly, and natalie smiled sadly. a part of her was sad for letting him go, and the other part was happy that those two were happy.

so she watched.

she watched as they broke apart.

she watched as the laughed together.

she watched as they started waltzing on the highest rock.

she watched as he twirled her.

she watched as she laughed.

she watched as she lost her footing.

she watched as she slipped.

"rae!" she screamed, running to the cliff.

but she could only watch as her sister disappeared into the abyss, falling with the rain, with the boy they both loved screaming her name, standing beside her kneeling figure.

.