Chapter Two

Toby walked silently in the halls, eyes focused upon the checker tiled floors of the school. Odd choice, but it wasn't anything big or extreme. He was thankful for that. As he reached his destination of the familiar grey locker the males eyes narrowed, seeing a few words written on there in black ink, was it permanent? He didn't know. The brunette made his way over, pulling up his sleeves and wiping at the horrid writing. 'Freak', 'Monster', 'Mistake', 'You don't belong here'. None of these were anything new, just the same old writing from the same old group.

Letting out a sigh, he dropped his hand, letting it fall to his side. What was the point? They would just do the same shit again. As he was about to unlock his locker, a pale hand reached out with what looked to be like a wet cloth with some kind of cleaner soaked in, wiping at the words lazily washing them away. Odd... no one usually helped him. His gaze travelled up the arm, to the strangers shoulder then up to their face. There stood a blonde male, hair just barely covering his bloodshot eyes, a dazed look in them as he worked on cleaning up the locker. A green beanie had been lazily placed upon the males head, a dark green sweater to match with a simple symbol on the left of his chest.

It was silent for a few minutes, the strange boy cleaning what was left while Toby couldn't help but watch in a trance. He was... attractive, but something was noticeably wrong. Why were his eyes so puffy and bloodshot. "Are... you alright?" He hesitantly asked the blonde, earning a lazy glance in return. It didn't take long for the other to respond, pulling back the cloth and holding out his free hand with a lopsided smile. "Why wouldn't I be, bro?" bro...? Toby shook his head, sighing as he reached out to take the hand and give a gentle shake. "Sorry, I guess that was an odd question... why are you helping me?" His blue eyes glanced from the locker then to the ticking boy. "Shit... you're the owner of this busted locker? Bummer, man." Laughing at his own choice in words, Ben shook his head and wiped off the rest of what he could. "No one should be treated for being different yknow? I dunno man.. just seems wrong."