chapter two

Raven had fallen asleep late that night watching re-runs of Friends. She laid on her couch with her hand in a bag of half-eaten jalapeño chips. A loud knock on her door made her jump awake and spill her chips.

"Son of a bitch!" She yelled. Raven heard a deep chuckle come from the other side of her door and scowled at the visitor. "Go away, nobody's home." Raven rubbed her eyes tiredly as she glared at the pile of chips on the floor.

"You take me for an idiot or something?" The voice asked. Raven grumbled a few certain curses under her breath as she made her way to the door and unlocked the deadbolt. She pulled the door open and saw Sam Wilson looking down at her with a smirk. "Nice Pj's." Raven looked down at her Captain America pajama shirt with matching shorts and chuckled.

"Steve got them for me as a joke," She explained. "What're you doing here? Actually, How do you even know where I live?" She asked.

"Steve told me, and I'm here to take you out to lunch. You don't get a say in it because I'm hungry and want some company," Sam said. Raven rolled her eyes and opened the door so Sam could step in.

"Nice place," He complimented.

"I'm gonna go change. You just wait here. Don't touch anything." Sam laughed as she walked into her bedroom. Sam took a look around her apartment. Multiple blueprints and odd inventions littered around a table on the far side of the room and pictures hung on every wall. Most were of Raven with Steve and some other people. Sam didn't see any with a family member though.

"You didn't touch anything, did you?" Raven asked as she exited her room. She wore a black tank top and navy green pants with her hair pulled up.

"No, it all looks too dangerous to touch." Raven chuckled and slid on her shoes. Sam noticed how she would occasionally bring her hand to play with her necklace as if she was making sure it was still there.

"You ready?" Raven asked. Sam nodded and the two left her apartment. Sam took Raven to a small restaurant by his house and the two spent 30 minutes laughing and eating.

"Wait, Wait, So you hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s network just to see if anybody got discounts at fast food restaurants?" Sam asked as he laughed. People in booths next to them stared weirdly, but Raven and Sam ignored them.

"I wanted to know!" Raven defended as she took a sip of her drink. Sam wiped his eyes as he tried to calm himself down.

"You are one of a kind, Raven." She shrugged her shoulders playfully. "I like to think so." Sam's phone beeped, causing the two to go silent. He took a quick look and groaned.

"I gotta get back to the VA. I'll see you later?" Sam asked as he dug a twenty out of his wallet. Raven nodded and stood up, Sam following in suite.

"Bye, Sammy." Sam smiled at the girl and tipped his head before walking out. Raven sighed and walked out of the restaurant. She had nothing more to do that day, so she decided to head home.

She spent the next couple of hours tinkering on her little designs. Her door started to unlock and opened. Raven looked over, confusion written all over her face as she saw Fury wall in.

"How did you get in here?"

"You have a key under your mat," He responded. "Let's go for a walk." He was being very vague, but Raven followed anyways. The two silently made their way to Steve's apartment. The brunette was confused, but didn't ask questions. They walked into Steve's home by Fury's own key. Raven didn't even want know why he had one.