chapter four

"This is a dead end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off," Natasha announced. Steve noticed a building ahead and started for it.

"What is it?" Raven asked as they approached. "Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." Raven watched as Steve hit the lock with his shield and the three walked inside.

Raven's phone panged. Normally, you're supposed to dump your phone when you go on the run, but Raven was smart enough to code her phone with anti-tracking software. She slipped her phone from her pocket and sighed at the text.

Sam

Sam: Hey. Haven't heard from you in a while, wanted to see if you were busy tomorrow.

Raven turned off her phone and slipped it back into her pocket. She looked up at the building and inspected it closely. It was dusty and not very well lit. Steve turned on the lights and Raven's eyes caught the very distinct SHIELD sigh on one of the walls.

"This is SHIELD," Natasha said. Raven scoffed.

"Really? The sign kind of threw me off," She stayed sarcastically, earning a glare from the red haired assassin.

"Maybe where it started," Steve whispered. The three came upon some pictures where Steve stood rigid. A dark look passed through his eyes as they lingered on the woman. Raven recognized her as Peggy Carter, one of the founders of SHIELD.

"There's Stark's father," Natasha pointed out. "Howard."

"Who's the girl?" Steve didn't respond, only walked away. "Peggy Carter. Rumor has, her and Steve had a thing in the forties," Raven told the redhead before walking over to Steve. Truth is, she only knew that because she visited the Smithsonian often and watched the video tape of Peggy talking about Steve. He had stopped in front of a large bookshelf. "If you're already working in a secret office"- Steve pushes the bookshelf out of the way -"Why do you need to hide the elevator?" The trio ride down in the elevator and land in an old computer lab.

"This can't be the data-point, this technology is ancient," Raven said in awe as she wiped dust off a keyboard. That was when she noticed a flash drive port. She stuck the flash drive in and it activated the entire room. Screens lit up along with computer screens and the lighting fixtures.

"Initiate system?" The computer asked. "Y-E-S, spells yes," Raven mumbled as she typed into the old tech with a smirk on her face. "Shall we play a game?" She look d up at Steve. "It's from a movie that-"

"Yeah, I saw it," He responded. Raven was quite surprised. "Wow, really getting into the times old man."

"Rogers, Steven. Born, 1918. Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna. Born, 1984. Reyes, Raven. Born, 1985," A voice said as Raven noticed a camera moving in the corner.

"It's some kind of a recording." Raven shook her head at the redhead. "I don't think so."

"She's right, I am not a recording, Fräulein. I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945, but I am." The computer screen in front of Raven lit up brighter and showed a picture of a man. "Not the prettiest," Raven muttered.