Saikai

The burning of my legs was heavy. But I couldn't stop. My life depended on it. While the revolver in my hands, I didn't waste time to take out my next target.

Running swiftly with heels wasn't as easy as they trained me to do. But I still got the job done. Before anyone could notice, I dived behind a crate and aimed for my next victim. I shut one eye and let my hand get the correct aim.

Bald head, expensive clothing, smug look. Everything about this one seemed cliche, even for me. He even went down a deserted area, not a good idea. Even with those large goons of his, he wouldn't be able to escape my wrath.

I chuckled lowly under my breath when I got a perfect clearance for a headshot. "Too easy," I muttered before pulling the trigger.

A thin line of shiny red blood had shot out into the air, alerting me of my kill. Surprised gasp came from the bodyguards as their boss fell helplessly to the ground, lifeless.

"Boss! Boss!" They shouted helplessly, trying to shake the man awake. There was no hope, he was already done for. I guess that's the thing about life; it's either your living it or you're not. Things can just end in the blink in the eyes, if you're ready for it or not.

I sighed, pushing the gun into my thigh band. Tight clothing was never my thing...it just remind me just how busty I am in the chest area. But at least everything was black, it made it a lot more easier to forget.

My mission was complete so I decided to head back to base to give in my report. After making sure my presence wasn't noticed, I slipped around the shadows before running down the street and back to base.

"Base" is basically the government building I've spent about 6 years living in. After I was taken away from my friends and family 7 years ago I was being tested and trained by the Japanese Government.

Basically after they took me, it was either die or work for them. Something I've come quite accustomed to for some odd reason. Naturally, I selected the 'live' option...as if there was any real option.

"Good evening, Agent A." The counter lady welcomed me with a slight bow.

I looked over at the small girl. "It's 11:34 at night, Mono." I answered back causally before scanning my ID badge at the elevator.

She gave me a cheeky smile before scratching her cheek. "Yeah, just thought you would like a little nice talk..." Mono was a foreigner, Filipino I believe she said. She had the most dazzling smile I ever seen. I always wonder where she gets all that...happy from. Maybe a nice childhood, I suppose.

I turn away bitterly from her before refrain from being nasty. For the two years she's spent here, I think she's probably the nicest person I've met in this facility. "Thanks, I appreciate it."

Just then, the elevator arrives and I step in without another word. I jam my finger into the 10th floor button before leaning back and letting out a shaky breath. For the past seven years I've been doing whatever they tell me to do. Killing, tracking, targeting...all of it. I try not to think about it at times but can't help myself when I do.

Seven years of this type of life is hard for a 22 year old. I guess I really did end up like Irina who went under this route as a young child as well. I still see her every once and a while. She got married to Karasuma-sensei not that long ago so she's there sometimes when I'm given a mission.

The elevator ding brought me out of my thoughts and made me stand up straight. When the doors opened, I stiffly made my way towards Karasuma-sensei's office. He also recently got a promotion and became head of the office of whatever its name is. Quite frankly, I don't really care. I do what I'm instructed and that's all.