{ Chapter 1 }

Hey guys, I hope you enjoy. :)

Don't forget to comment and vote. I posted two new stories; whichever gets the most votes will be my primary focus; the other will be a background story that gets updated every two weeks or so.  

"I don't get it," Mel exclaims with a swift shake of her head. Her straight, blonde tresses move with her and she raises a hand to tuck them behind her ears.

I stare at her from my relaxed position against the wall. "It's not a difficult concept," I respond, exerting enough force to speak above the music. "You find someone cute and you hook up with them."

"But it won't be enjoyable if you don't like them," she rebuts as she pushes her glasses up on her nose.

"Oh, it's enjoyable, trust me," I assure her with a knowing chuckle. "I wouldn't do it if it wasn't."

Gen gets a laugh out of this but Mel only attempts to further prove her point. "But doesn't it get boring?" she inquires.

"I can say the same about being in a relationship. Having sex with the same person for years. Doesn't that get boring?" I counter, not expecting an answer from Mel. She wouldn't know. She's never been in a relationship but she sure does idealize them.

"You never want someone to cuddle with and talk to about your future?" she presses with a small frown. She's the kind of person that expects everyone to want the same thing as her; so when you want something vastly different, she's startled, curious, and just a little judgmental.

"Well, personally, I don't like cuddling. And I can talk to my friends about my future," I answer with a shrug.

"There's no consistency," she announces with a sigh.

"That's what friends with benefits are for. I have Danny and Rex," I further explain. "When I get bored of them, I come to parties and find someone different."

"I just don't get it," she mutters in slight frustration

"It's a good thing you don't have to do it then," I assure her as I place a hand to my chest. "But I, on the other hand, have some needs to attend to."

I turn my attention back to the attractive boy across the room that I've been eyeing for the last half hour. Like me, he's posed in a slanted position against the wall with his feet propped out in front of him. He's nursing the drink his hand though, whereas I'm downing mine solely for the affects. Typically, I'm not one to go after guys but I can't let this one pass me up. He's too good looking.

"Which one are you staring at?" Gen inquires as she peers in the direction my eyes are locked in.

"The guy with the black hoodie," I specify with a small nod in his direction. Mel, though annoyed, risks a glance in the direction of the horde of guys. It takes a minute but eventually, both their gazes fall admirably upon the boy my eyes are glued to. His golden skin is complimented by a head of tapered off black curls and thick eyebrows. The broad grin on his face tells me he's entertained by the discussion he's having with his friends and I feel slightly bad that I'm going to have to interrupt.

"Damn..." Mel hisses before turning her large green eyes to me. "You work fast."

"Hopefully, I get lucky," I tell my friends before tossing back the rest of my liquid courage. I typically don't drink but I spotted him as soon as we walked in and knew I wouldn't have the balls to talk to him sober. As I shake the taste of alcohol out of my mouth, my eyes search for him once more and I find him tipping his head back and laughing boisterously.