{ Chapter 11 }

I'm about to leave for Danny's apartment when I get an incoming call from Cameron. I stare at it and contemplate whether or not I should answer it. I figure he'll probably ask me why I'm not at the party with Mel and Gen. I'll just tell him I have other plans and that'll be the end of that conversation. I press the phone to my ear and greet him.

"Yes, Cameron?" I step into the bathroom and look at myself in the full length mirror. I tied my hair up into a bun and am wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I never dress up when I'm going over to Rex or Danny's. There's no point; the clothes come off fast anyway.

"Are you busy?" he asks in a rather desperate tone, which puts me on edge.

"Uh, no, why?" Well this conversation isn't going as planned.

"Can I come over? I think I'm having a panic attack," he rambles, which makes my stomach clench a bit.

"Yeah, of course." I approach the front door and unlock it. "Is everything okay?"

"I don't know." His tone tells me that it's not. I start down the steps. He remains on the phone with me as he walks and I wait for him in my spot propped up against the gate. My eyes land on him and I tilt my head in slight confusion. His hood is up and tied tightly around his face, leaving only his eyes visible. When he reaches me, I wordlessly usher him inside.

"What's wrong?" Once we reach my apartment, I lock the door behind him.

"I don't know. I just feel off. I don't know what's wrong with me. I didn't take anything. I'm freaking out," he explains in a slightly muffled voice. He falls into a tangent about nothing and I inch closer to him and start untying the knot in his hoodie. I stare in pure confusion once I manage to pull his hood down and reveal his face.

"Are you high?" I interrogate him as soon as I assess his bloodshot, puffy eyes.

"What? No!" He scoffs at me in disbelief for asking such a thing. "I don't smoke, Flizzy."

"When did you start feeling this way?" I assess his features, trying to think of what it may be. He starts pacing in circles around the living room and I step further into the space, feeling stumped.

"Like an hour ago. I was fine and then I just...wasn't." He licks his lips nervously and I continue to hypothesize.

"What were you doing two hours ago?" I watch as he he rubs the sides of his head.

"Homework."

"What'd you eat?" I continue to question, trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with him. Is this some kind of weird allergic reaction?

"I had steak for dinner. It was good." He stares off into the distance. "I'm so hungry."

"Well did you eat anything after that?" I urge him to speak and he squints in thought.

"A brownie..." My eyebrows shoot up on my forehead.

"Did that taste good?" I take another step closer to him.

"Not really, but I ate it anyway. But I could go for a good brownie. Can you bake?"

"Where'd you get the brownie, Cam?" I continue to question as he rubs his stomach.

"I like it when you call me Cam," he mumbles with a sly grin. He approaches me slowly and I hold my hand out and lightly touch his chest, making sure to keep a good distance between us. I repress the urge to snap in his face to regain his attention.

"Cam- the brownie." He takes in my features like he's never seen them before. "Where did you get it?

"Hezekiah made them." He absentmindedly plays with the waistband of his sweatpants. "And he gave some to Ash, who left them on the table. So I took one."