{ Chapter 19 }

hey guys i know this is late but i'm on vacation now so i have a lot more time to write. anyway, hope you enjoy. be sure to comment :)

I wake up from my drunken night with Cam and memories of the night flood back into my brain. My eyes immediately widen when I recall the last words we exchanged before passing out. Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. What the hell is wrong with me? Why would I leave us off on that note? We're not going to see each other for a month! Besides, we just reconnected! I roll over and find Cameron still sleeping. I swallow nervously as I take in his innocent features. Did I really mean it? Do I love him? A small voice in the back of my head laughs tauntingly at me. Of course I do. Was it the best idea to reveal it last night when we were both drunk and my emotions were an absolute mess? Definitely not.

My voice catches in my throat when I see him shift a bit and then slowly open his eyes. It takes him a second to regain his vision; he blinks once, twice, then he manages to focus on me. A small smile takes over his face as he stretches. "Morning," he says in a raspy voice.

"Morning," I reply back almost silently. He grabs his phone and notes the time, which reads 10:17.

"Are you hungry?" he wonders and I offer him a slow nod. He pulls himself out of bed and walks towards the kitchen. I trail quietly behind, wondering if he has any recollection of my slip up. My footfalls stop when the memory of his confession hits me. He said he loves me, too. Did he mean that? He doesn't even notice that I'm lost in my own mind. His arm is in the cabinet in search of something. A box of waffle mix appears in his hand and he puts it on the counter. I watch as he plugs in the waffle maker and starts on the mix. As he works, I note how silent it is. Is he just not a morning talker or is he waiting for me to break the ice about it?

I continue to mentally assess the situation over and over as he cooks us breakfast. He doesn't speak until we're sitting across from each other at the table dressing our waffles. "Am I going to see you at all over this break?" he wonders.

"Do you want to see me over break?" I ask before taking a long sip of my apple juice.

"Yes," he retorts. "I can drive to you. Or you can drive to me. Or both."

Would it be too soon for me to ask if he wants to meet my family? It'd probably be too much for him. We just got back and I already told him I love him and now I'm thinking about asking him to meet my family. That'd definitely overwhelm him. How is it not overwhelming me? "Yeah..." I trail with a slow nod. That sounds like a plan.

Our breakfast is silent for the most part. After I eat, I gather my things and awkwardly hover on his front porch. "Are you going to miss me?" he teases me with a small smirk on his lips.

"Yeah," I admit before nudging him.

I don't even have to ask because he grins widely. "Obviously, I'm going to miss you, too," he confesses. I swing my bag around slowly and he doesn't even bother hiding the satisfaction on his face. "What are you waiting for?"

"A hug," I say bluntly and he opens his arms and wraps them around me. I smile into his chest, making it a point to squeeze him as hard as I can. He laughs in my grip and after half a minute, pulls away and leaves a light kiss on my forehead. I'm almost positive I look like a content, wide eyed kid as I stare up at him.

"I'd actually kiss you but, you know, you haven't brushed your teeth," he says with a playfully disgusted look on his face. Quickly, I bounce off the balls of my feet and leave a short peck on his lips. He playfully wrinkles his nose and shakes his head. "I'm going to puke."

I slowly back away with a weak glare and a large smile. I try to wipe the grin off my face but it only results in me pursing my lips and smiling wider. "Bye," I snap at him and he grins and waves at me.