27. The Yuuka's

She didn't return to her friends until the redness in her eyes were gone. Everyone was still hard at work, but there wasn't much to be done. The twins helped place the strawberry topping on the cakes that had already been frosted by Hanabi and Ryo while Takashi and Honey packaged them into the boxes that Haruhi and Tamaki set up for them. Hibiki smiled, despite the ache she felt in her chest. At least she got to spend the summer with them.

"Hibiki," Hanabi said with a concerned look about her. Hibiki was walked over to her mother, who patted her hands down on her apron to rid them of any frosting. "What happened? Is everything alright?"

"It's fine. Better, actually," Hibiki said. Her mother smiled at her and kissed her on the forehead.

"We'll talk later," Hanabi winked. Hibiki nodded and walked over to Takashi and Honey, who packed each individual cupcake into white boxes.

"Is everything alright, Hibi-chan?" Honey asked. She nodded softly, smiled at Honey, and assured him she was fine. Takashi gave her a look, asking her for reassurance and she nodded subtly before packing the cupcakes away into the boxes.

* * *

They finished icing and decorating and packing quickly and with 45 minutes to spare. Hanabi instructed the crew to load them into her delivery truck outside once Hibiki pulled it around.

"Hibiki's got her license?" Haruhi thought aloud.

"Yeah, don't you?" Hikaru asked with a hand on his hip.

"Well, no. I'm perfectly fine with walking everywhere," she replied.

"Really? We got ours. See," Kaoru said. The twins pulled out their wallets and flashed their drivers licenses. "Tamaki and Kyoya do, too. And I'm almost certain Mori and Honey have theirs," Kaoru continued. Haruhi turned around to ask the other boys if they all had their licenses, but they already had them out.

"Oh, so I'm the only one without their license, huh," Haruhi sweat dropped.

"We'll teach ya how to drive!" the twins beamed, smacking Haruhi on the back.

"Like I would ever allow that. The only one that needs to teach my Haruhi to drive is her beloved daddy and that's me," Tamaki huffed.

"Hibiki's friends are always a little strange," Hanabi said next to Ryo, who sulked at her comment.

"Gee, thanks, mom, that's always good to hear," Ryo said. Hanabi stroked Ryo's back, but didn't apologize for the comment. Hibiki pulled the large lilac colored SUV with the word Daisuke's printed on the side in white. She opened the car doors and the trunk and Hanabi put a stop in the door and told everyone to only take what they could manage and pile them safely into the truck. After all the boxes were loaded into the truck, the lot of them waited for further instruction on what to do next. Hanabi closed all the doors and turned to her crew, counting them out. She placed a finger to her chin and thought aloud, "We've only got three seats in the back, so where are the rest of you going to fit."

"We could call a car," the Hitachiin twins suggested.

"That would take some time. We've only got thirty-five minutes to get there and set up," Hibiki reminded them.

Through the propped door, a uniformed Daisuke emerged from the house and, as if cued by his presence, a black SUV pulled up with another unformed man inside. Daisuke pulled his wife into him by her waist and kissed her forehead.