Chapter 1

The night was quiet, almost peaceful expect from the high-pitched giggles of a petite blonde "shh zoe we're going to get caught" her pale, red headed friend spoke with a stern tone yet a grin graced her face.

"I'm sorry but I can't wait to get outside, we haven't been out in a while because of this stupid English weather" Zoe complained.

Ami smiles at the younger girl feeling the same excitement she had. They had been unable to sneak outside recently due to the bad weather but they finally had a day without heavy rain and they were going to take full advantage of it.

"I understand Zoe, I do, just try to keep that little mouth of yours shut until we are actually outside"

Zoe pouted at Ami but stayed silent as she also did not want to be caught by Ms Truffle, their orphanage caretaker, she was nice but she had rules that you did not want to break. They both tiptoed down the stairs, making sure to stand on the silent spots, something they had picked up over the years, in hope that no one in the orphanage would awake. They silently crept past the security and pushed the doors open, the pair of friends stopped to stifle their giggles as they heard a loud throaty snore erupt from the snoozing security guard, Mr George, the one supposedly meant to keep them in at night. Ami put a finger to her lips as Zoe struggled to contain her laughter. "Zo, be quiet, you'll get us caught" Ami whispered as her younger companion covered her mouth with her hands. Ami pushed the doors open, checking left and right for any people who could pass by, with no one in sight Ami stepped out of the doors, Zoe following quickly behind her. They both ran into the field smiling about the many times they had managed to do this without being caught, flinging themselves onto the damp grass, not caring if their clothes got wet.

The red haired girl's bright blue eyes scanned the field where the friends usually spent their nights, the field itself holding many memories from their years together. "Look ami, I found the big dipper!" the blonde exclaimed as her green eyes reflected the many stars of the dark night sky. "Zoe you find the big dipper every night" ami shook her head with a sigh causing Zoe to giggle and shrug her shoulders as she looked at the sky with admiration.

An unexpectedly strong breeze brought goose bumps to both girls arms, Zoe suddenly pointed out a shining light in the sky. "Ami, look it's a shooting star!" Zoe whispered excitedly in her ear. Ami's eyes followed the light, squinting them slightly to see it clearly before widening her eyes in confusion as she reached for Zoë's arm "Zoe, I'm ninety-nine point nine percent sure that, that is not a shooting star..." she pulled at her arm dragging zoe closer to herself. A frightened look made itself onto Zoe's face as one large space ship hovered above them.

"Ami what on earth is that!?" Zoe shrieked.

"I don't know, zoe look out!"

Ami pulled Zoe away from the large landing gear so they weren't crushed by the huge space craft. "Whats happening ami?" Zoe whispered fear evident in her quiet voice. "I don't know, whatever it is it can't be a good thing"

"I-I'm scared Ami"

Ami grabbed Zoe's hand and squeezed it, a brave look on her face hiding her own fears from Zoe. If she didn't hide her own fear Zoe was sure to panic even more than she was. She takes a deep breath before replying to Zoe.

"I know-me to, we need to get out of here before something bad happens"

Zoe nods her head at Ami, impatient to be going back to the safety of the orphanage. Whatever safety it could offer them from this strange event. Ami gave her a weak smile before pulling Zoe back towards the orphanage, a tight grip on her arm. All of a sudden they hear a large mechanical door open followed by multiple footsteps behind them.

"Now where do you think you two are going?"