Chapter 22: She'll Never Love Me

Songs:

Lovesick Fool by The Cab

Cat and Mouse by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up, I was still in Connor's arms. When I looked up at his face, he was still asleep. It made me happy to see how peaceful he was. It was too bad that he wasn't going to be that way for long. I lifted his arm from my waist and freed myself from his grasp. I stood up and he rolled over onto his stomach, still asleep. I sat down on his back and he slowly began to wake up.

"Wha-What's happening?" he muttered.

"I'm sitting on you."

"Yeah, I'm aware of that, but why?"

"I wanted to wake you up!"

"Why?" he whined.

"Because I didn't want to be up by myself," I replied, getting off of his back and laying back beside him.

Connor rolled over onto his back and stared at me from the corners of his eyes.

"Aww, come here."

I got closer to him and he pulled my head onto his chest.

"So why'd you wake me up?"

"I already told you. I didn't want to be alone."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. "You're not alone. You're with me."

I blushed. "I know."

"I love you, Amy."

"I love you too, Connor."

"I love you more," he said and began kissing my neck.

"Connor stop! That tickles!" I squealed.

My shrieking only caused him to do it even more. I tried pushing him off, but he was stronger than me, so it didn't work. I tried not to giggle, but I couldn't stop myself.

"Connor! Stop!" I laughed.

He finally stopped and smirked at me. I moved to the edge of the bed as far away from him as possible and playfully crossed my arms across my chest.

"Come back over here," Connor whined.

I turned my head to face him and stuck my tongue out.

"Nope. I'm mad at you," I replied jokingly.

"Aww, don't be mad, love."

I melted. I absolutely loved it when he called me love. I smiled and laid back down next to him. He pulled me closer and hugged me tightly.

"What time is it?" he asked.

"Nine."

Connor let me go and got out of bed. "Get up. Let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"I'm going to take my beautiful girlfriend out for breakfast."

I jumped up. "You're buying me food?"

He smiled creepily and nodded. I jumped off the bed excitedly and jumped into his arms. It's true love when a guy buys you food. He laughed.

"Of course I'm buying you food."

"You're the best."

"Why yes, yes I am."

~*~

Ricky's POV

I hadn't left my room ever since I walked in on Connor and Amy in the act. I mean, I knew she had feelings for him, but I didn't know she had those kind of feelings. I wasn't able to eat and I had trouble sleeping last night because every time I closed my eyes, the image of them was in my head.

I sighed, knowing that this was my fault. Amy and I were going strong until I opened my big mouth. I've always had a problem with saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. I guess I couldn't exactly blame her for never wanting to talk to me again. Some of the the things I told her were uncalled for and unforgivable.

Ever since I woke up this morning, I could hear Connor and Amy laughing and enjoying each other's company.

As I was about to get up to go downstairs, I heard Connor and Amy in the hall laughing and talking. I couldn't quite make out what they were saying, but I knew it was probably something along the lines of "I love you."

For a moment, I considered thinking of ways to win Amy back, but I realized I was being selfish. Amy and Connor were happy together and who was I to ruin that? I wouldn't want to inflict my current emotions onto Connor. He didn't deserve to go through this.

I sighed and walked to Kian's room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Kian shouted through the door.

I walked in and shut the door. "Hey Kian."

"Hey Ricky. What's up?"

"Can I ask for advice?"

Kian instantly turned serious. "Of course."

"I need help getting over Amy," I told him. "I still love her."

"Aw...man."

I shook my head. "I know."

"Well first, you have to learn to accept that Connor and Amy are in love."

I sighed.

"And you have to stop thinking about her all the time! Find something to keep you occupied."

I nodded. Kian had really good points. "But you still ship Ramy, right?" I asked.

"One, I don't ship my friends and two, I'm not picking sides. I know this sounds harsh, but it needs to be said. Amy is with Connor. You have to get the hell over it."

I sighed. "Yeah, you're right. She'll never want me back," I stated. "Especially after last night," I murmured, not meaning to say it aloud.

I hoped that Kian hadn't heard that, but of course he did.

"Last night?"

"Just forget I said anything."

"No, tell me!"

I sighed. "Fine. I accidentally walked in on Amy and Connor and they were about to-"

"Have sex?"

I nodded. "At least that's what it looked like."

Kian hugged me. "I'm so sorry, man."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one's pretty short, but here it is!

Vote and Comment!