Chapter 32: Life Goes On

Song:

When You Can't Sleep at Night by Of Mice & Men

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ricky's POV

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"I was involved with my brother finding Amy," Daphne repeated.

Was this her idea of some kind of sick joke? She could not be serious.

"Please explain," I retorted.

She sat down next to me slowly. "Well that day I met you at the mall, I instantly fell for you and after we had coffee, I told Spencer all about it. He seemed pretty happy for me at the time. Then when you mentioned Amy's name on the phone a few days later, I told my brother that you and I may not work out because you still spoke to your ex. I told him her name and he told me that he was looking for a girl named Amy," she explained.

I raised my eyebrows. "Go on," I urged.

She sighed. "So he told me to do whatever it'd take to stay with you because he needed to find Amy, so I did. I didn't take no for an answer and even got you to sleep with me, just so you had no choice but to stay around me. And I didn't know why he wanted to find to find her, but I was just helping my big bro out. He almost got me to give him the address, but then I found myself falling for you and never gave it to him," she told me, tears falling.

I stood up and found myself glaring at her. "So all of your feelings for me...they were a lie?!"

"No, Ricky!" she replied. "They weren't!"

"Yeah, sure," I retorted sarcastically.

"Ricky, please don't do this!"

"Do what, Daphne?!"

She looked down at the floor crying. "I'm so sorry, Ricky."

"Are you? You've lied so much, I'm not sure I believe you, Daphne... If that's even your real name."

"Ricky I may have lied about some things, but I didn't lie about caring about you!"

"You know what? I think you should go. I'm not really in the mood to be in the same room as a slut at the moment," I told her.

My comment made her stand up and look me straight into my eyes. I stood up too and she moved so close to my face, that only about an inch of space was separating us.

"You know what, Ricky?" she said in a quiet, but threatening tone. "You're just as much a slut as I am. It takes two to have sex in case you didn't know."

With that said she stormed out of my room. As much as I didn't like what she did, I still hated to see her go. A few seconds later, I saw her face peeking through my door again.

"Oh and one more thing," she stated. "I lied about the friends with benefits thing."

She began walking away again and I followed closely behind her. I grabbed her arm firmly and turned her around to face me.

"What do you mean you lied?" I asked.

She smirked through her tears. "I actually do have to have feelings for you to have sex."

"W-what?"

"I love you, Ricky," she admitted. "There, I said it. I love you."

Suddenly she crashed her lips on mine and I couldn't stop myself from kissing back. After a few seconds, she pulled away. My eyes remained closed for a few seconds before I came back to reality.

"I just had to do that one more time before I said goodbye," she explained, on the verge of tears.

She started walking away, but yet again, I grabbed her arm to stop her. I felt myself wanting to feel her lips on mine again, so I did. I cupped her face in my hands and brought her lips to mine. After I pulled away, she had a confused look on her face.

"I may not love you yet, but I do care about you a lot," I whispered.

She gave me a small smile before trying to leave again.

"Why do you keep trying to leave?" I asked, stopping her. "Don't go, babe."

She turned around smirked at me then wrapped her arms around my neck, focusing her gaze on my eyes. "So we're still friends with benefits?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

She moved her hands back to her sides and looked down. Disappointment took over her entire expression.

"I was hoping we could be more than that," I stated.

She quickly lifted her head to look at me. "What do you mean?" she asked eagerly.

"Maybe I could possibly give you being my actual girlfriend a shot," I offered.

She smiled and nodded vigorously. "Are you serious?!"

I smiled and nodded. She practically jumped on me to hug me and literally covered every inch of my face in kisses. I laughed quietly. This was my first step to moving on.

Even though Daphne did make some pretty crappy mistakes, she obviously felt bad and regretted them. Everyone deserves a second chance...right?

Amy's POV

"I hate my life, Connor," I stated out of the blue.

"I hate when you say things like that," he replied.

"You're the only person in my life worth living for."

"Aww, c'mon. We both know that's not true."

"I just hate that there's always something to be afraid of."

"I'm right here with you, Amy. I won't let anything or anyone else hurt you."

"You can't stop bad things from happening, Connor."

"I can stop them from happening to you, though. Everything will be fine."

I chuckled quietly at his statement, causing Connor to send a confused look my way.

"Why is that funny?" he asked.

"It's not exactly funny, but it's just... you said that to me almost two weeks again and look what happened. Pretty ironic."

Connor seemed almost... hurt by my words. He stood up slowly, not looking at me. I instantly felt bad. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings.

"Well sorry that I wasn't able to keep my promise," he stated. "I'll be back later."

He then left the room and I was left alone. I sighed. I hated being alone. Part of me wanted to get up, chase him and tell him I loved him, but another part of me wanted to give him time away from my annoying problems. I knew I was a huge burden for him, constantly crying and all. It must've been exhausting having to comfort me all the time. Connor deserved to have some fun. He deserved a break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter's pretty short. Sorry. I've been busy all day, but I wanted to add at least something to my amateur literature today.

Vote and Comment anyway?