Disappear

Summary: The battle with Thanos in Infinity War.

Word Count: 816

Warnings: Infinity War thangs, angst as always

Author's Note: Soooo, it's been an awful long while, hasn't it? Well, thanks to @ itsmenatlillnessinit I wanted to post another one-shot, but realistically, I'll probably not be back for good. Also, not my greatest work. Oh well! Here's this!

--------------------

Your own body was burning. You had fought hard against Thanos, pushing yourself too far. You had tried your best to protect everyone, creating force shields, blasting Thanos further away, or making him miss a shot.

At one point you had even lessened the blow of a moon that came crashing down on Tony.

The worst of it was when he had blasted you with something that had slashed a deep cut across your body, from your right shoulder to your left hip. It was then that you had taken cover behind some broken machinery. Your body felt as though it were on fire, flames seemed to dance beneath your skin, sharp pains that made your breath hitch.

You could still see the battle, and you tried to protect everyone, but your powers had begun to fail you. It was all too much. That's when you had blacked out.

Which takes you to where you were, having just been awoken by Peter. His worried face filled your vision. He gently shook your face, trying to help you clear the fog that your mind was enveloped in.

"Come on, (Y/N), wake up, please. Please."

You mumbled something, but it didn't quite make sense. Peter stilled, trying to listen to what you were saying over the intense battle that was raging in the background.

"I tried to protect you," you said, your voice quiet and raspy. Your breathing was labored, the dirt beneath you was sticky, black with your blood.

If Peter were honest with himself, when he had first found you, the sight made him physically sick. He had almost vomited, the stress of the sight of you pale and not moving, blood seeping into the ground around you. It took everything in him to stumble to you, your name had tumbled from his lips hoarsely. But you were alive, and he couldn't worry about that now.

His eyes teared up. "I know," his voice cracked. He pressed his forehead to yours. "I tried to protect you too."

You smiled briefly. "It's okay."

"It's not." Peter began to cry, tears dripping onto your cheeks. Small beads that left clean tracks in the dirt and blood on your face. "I should've done more or payed more attention or-"

"I love you, Peter," you said. Your arms and legs were numb, and the pain in your torso was unbearable. You closed your eyes as the pain intensified, and then became nothing.

"No. No. No, no, no, don't do this," his voice began to to get louder. He screamed as he grabbed your face.

He cradled your body in his arms, stumbling down to the group. Everyone was trying to recover from the intense battle they had just fought through. At the sight of Peter holding your limp form, though, they tried to rush to help.

But it was too late.

He tripped, falling to his knees. He pulled your body closer to his chest, not letting it hit the ground.

Tony's face was slack, his eyes devoid of emotion. The only sound ringing through his ears was the deafening silence that enveloped the planet.

A voice interrupted the quiet.

"Something's happening," said Mantis, her eyes wandering before she turned to dust.

Drax was next, looking to Quill with wide eyes, saying his name desperately.

Tony stepped towards Quill, knowing that his crewmates had just turned to dust. "Steady, Quill."

"Oh man," he breathed, turning to dust as well. Little brown flakes that blended in with the dirt of this disastrous planet.

Tony turned, too many things running through his mind. What was happening? Where were they going? Thanos really did all this?

Doctor Strange's voice broke through his thoughts. "Tony, there was no other way." He exhaled, tired, before also turning to dust.

"Mr. Stark," Peter said, his voice wobbly.

Tony turned towards his voice. No, not Peter too.

Peter's eyes were looking at his arms, the color had drained from his face and sweat beaded his forehead. "I don't feel so good." He looked up at Tony, and upon doing so, almost lost his balance.

"You're alright." Tony was trying to help him remain calm, but Peter was stumbling as he tried to go to Tony.

"I don't know what's happening." Peter collapsed into Tony's arms, as if he lost all movement in his legs. All Spider-Man knew was that he was now clinging to Tony like his life depended on it. "I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go, sir, please," he begged, his voice breaking. He said it over and over.

Tony maneuvered Peter to the ground, close to where your body was lying. Your beautiful eyes were blankly staring into the sky.

Peter turned his head to look at you, reaching his hand out, desperately trying to grab yours. "Maybe I can be with (Y/N)," he murmured.

Turning to look back at Tony, he swallowed. "I'm sorry."

Peter turned to dust and that's when Tony's world fell apart.