Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 10

They waited another hour before climbing back into Kaid's truck. While Sean was directing him to his street, Kaiden reached back behind the seat and grabbed a can, dropping it in Sean's lap. Upon further inspection, the teen found it was a can of body spray.

"Unless your folks are cool with you smoking..." he clarified with a knowing smirk.

Sean's eyes widened. Would they smell it on him?! He hadn't even thought of that. He waited until they were in front of his house to use it though, figuring Trev would appreciate being let out of the musty cab first.

He gave the mostly used can a few shakes before spraying some across his chest. It was strong. It made him gag a little before coughing out what he felt like he'd inhaled of the product.

"We should hang out again before you guys leave," Sean suggested, setting the can back on the passenger seat. "If you'd want to, I mean." He really had enjoyed talking with Kaid. His energy was comforting in a way that he'd not expected.

Kaiden nodded. "Sure. You can show me where all fun places are." He smiled as he pulled out his phone, and after Sean had given him his number, Kaiden sent him a text that simply said 'hey'. "You can pretty much reach me anytime," he added through the open passenger window once Sean had closed the door.

Sean grinned. "Awesome," he said, waving before heading for his front porch, Trevor leading the charge.

When Kaiden pulled up the drive to his grandparents' house, he saw his dad's bike perched next to Dakota's 73' Charger, and on the other side of the driveway was Travis's Jeep

Inside, Nate had already been subjected to 'family time' and he was the first to spot Kaiden walking through the door.

"Where the hell have you—oh ...nice cut," Nate said as he noticed the side of Kaiden's head where it had been stylishly shaved.

"Thanks," the taller boy commented and chuckled. "I made a friend," Kaiden explained with an innocent shrug.

"Of course you did," Nate thought aloud. Who else but Kaid would already have made friends in town? The real question on his mind was how was it that Kaid's "new friend" just happened to smell exactly like the guy he'd hooked up with at that party.

"Kaiden! You're here!" Dakota's pup chimed as she came racing in from the kitchen. "Hazel told me that you're my brother." Her cute, freckled nose wrinkled. "I told her she was wrong because you're my cousin," she said, with all of the tact any other kid her age would have.

"Half-brother, Karla," Hazel, called from the couch in the den. "There's a difference."

Karla frowned, the little wrinkle between her brows, a telling sign of her confusion.

Neither Kaiden, his father, his uncle, or anyone else had ever really talked about Karla's parentage to her. Explaining that her dad and his dad were brothers and that they'd each had a kid with the same woman, seemed a little much for a seven-year-old.

"Why would you tell her about that?" Axel asked his sibling, though his eyes didn't stray from his phone.

Hazel shrugged. "I was bored, and she was going to find out at some point anyway."

"She's wrong though, right?" Karla asked. "How can you be my brother if you—"

"Half-brother," Axel corrected from the far couch.

"How can you be my half-brother when you're my cousin?"

Kaiden glanced towards Nate for some help, but Nate just rolled his eyes. So, true to his natural form, Kaiden snorted and shrugged.

"I'm so cool, that I get to be both," he said with a smile, though the comment made Nate's brow twitch.

Karla seemed confused by his answer but accepted it quickly. "What did you do to your hair?"

"Let him sit down, Karla, sheesh," Hazel said. She was on her knees on the nice leather couch now, with her arms crossed over the back of it, eyeing the three.

"Yeah, scram, pipsqueak..." Nate murmured, motioning for Karla to go and annoy someone else for a while.

Karla whirled around so fast that her dark brown hair hit her flushed, freckled face as she huffed at him. But lacking any decent insult to throw, she opted for grabbing Nate's forearm and biting it before running back to the kitchen, calling for her father.

"Now you've done it," Hazel chimed, though she seemed more amused than anything else over the incident. Both Kaiden and Nate were about as rebel as you could get in this pack, and they weren't related to her. They were exactly the kind of guys her daddy generally couldn't stand, which to her, only meant one thing. They smelled like boyfriend material. "Come sit down."

"Yeah, unless you have any other small children to pick on," Axel jeered.

"Damn..." Nate mumbled, rubbing his arm. "I thought summer camp taught pups not to bite." Karla hadn't broken skin but had left him with teeth marks and a light bruise.

"Guess she missed that lesson," Kaiden tossed back as they joined the other two in the den.

The Ranch was the heart of the pack. Most of the core members lived on the large expanse of land, though it wasn't mandatory for all of them. Their grandparents, for instance, moved to Aspinview after retiring from their alpha roles. What was mandatory, however, was the summer camp.

All pups were required to attend the summer camp at least five times between the ages of ten and eighteen. Besides normal summer camp activities, it was where they learned the pack laws and what happened if one were ever to break them.

Hazel turned around, facing the right way on the couch again, scooting closer to Kaiden as he sat down.

They made a strange pair, in Axel's opinion. His sister was the image of 'hipster chic' while Kaiden was... well, whatever the hell he rolled in before crawling out of a Hot Topic.

If she was going to fall all over one of them though, he preferred Kaiden to Nate. Kaiden was submissive, harmless. In fact, he was the male omega out of the pup ranks. Nate, on the other hand... Axel focused his gaze on the shorter of the two emos.

"So since dad is gonna let us shift tonight, care for a friendly little spar?" Axel taunted.

Nate wondered how friendly Axel actually intended to be, though. He could recall several occasions when they were younger when messing with Axel hadn't really worked out well for him. The problem was never really Axel, but his father, Travis. Disappointing the alpha by losing to Nate would probably be unbearable for the blonde meathead.

"You're on."

Nate's reply made Kaiden roll his eyes. He knew better than to go sniffing around trouble like Axel and Hazel.

 He knew better than to go sniffing around trouble like Axel and Hazel

Thanks for reading! Feel free to let us know what you think!