Chapter 20: The Door's For You

Kian

"Hey, Kian!" Connor yelled up the stairs.

I stopped scrolling on Instagram for a moment and looked up towards my closed bedroom door, "What?"

"Door for you!" He yelled back, matching my loud volume.

Door? For me? Who could be here? I slipped on a tank top and opened the door to my bedroom just a crack.

Connor was in the doorway keeping whoever was out there company. Since I could not see who it was, I decided to find out for myself, so I climbed down the stairs.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked Jenn who was standing in the doorway.

She didn't look mad nor happy nor sad, she looked emotionless. Her hands were resting right at her hips, "I'll tell you, can we talk?"

I nodded, opening the door so she could enter the house. Her hair was slightly curled today, which looked awesome on her. Maybe she was going to invite me somewhere; she looked really done up for just coming over to chat.

"Kian, listen." She said, sitting down onto my bed as I shut the door behind us once we were in my room.

"Listening." I said, smiling a small smile at her.

She didn't return the smile, she just stared at me blankly.

"What's going on, Jenn?"

"Kian, I really liked you. I have for a while, I had a crush on you for a while, but I never really thought I had a chance, I guess."

"I like you t--"

"Do you?" She cut me off, raising her voice to the point of almost yelling.

I nodded, softening my smile into almost sadness. Why did she suddenly think that I don't like her?

"Who's Ashley?"

When Jenn mentioned Ashley's name, my heart fell into my stomach. I knew whatever she knew, she was not happy about. My fun with Jenn was just about over.

"She's a friend of Jack's." I wasn't lying, she is friends with Jack. Apparently pretty friendly.

"Apparently she's a friend of yours, too."

I shrugged, again, not lying.

Jenn's face stiffened, she looked thoroughly pissed now, "Ashley called me today. She wanted to make sure that she wouldn't hurt me like you hurt her."

"Hurt her? I barely know her." I defended. Okay, that was a lie. I know Ashley like I know myself. I know her fears, her past, her favorite things...

"Can I see your phone?" Jenn asked, holding out a hand.

I looked back at my iPhone, which was resting on my side table, plugged in and charging, "Why do you want to see my--"

"Can I see your phone?" she asked again, slightly raising her voice and pushing her hand closer to me.

I unplugged my iPhone, unlocked it, and handed it to Jenn in her open palm which was demanding to be filled.

"I deleted my number," she said, handing the phone back to me, "Don't call me, or I'll make sure that everyone knows what you did. Including Andrea, Ashley, your fans..."