Chapter Two

The next day at school was pretty much exactly what I expected.

Pity, pity, and more pity.

"How are you doing?" My best friend, Chloe, asked, handing me an iced vanilla macchiato as a pity gift. I was grateful though, Starbucks was always a slight pick me up, and I could totally use one.

"Shitty" I replied honestly, "And thanks"

She dug around in her bag for a straw, and then finally looked up at me when she found one.

"Holy shit, your hair!" She shouted.

"Yeah" I said, grabbing my newly brown locks, "I felt like it was time for a change"

"It looks amazing" She gushed.

"Thanks Chlo" I said, taking a sip of my drink. She's been the best friend I could ever ask for since I transferred here.

"Let's get to class" She said, linking her arm through mine, and waltzing towards our first period classroom.

We passed by Grayson, who was standing alone by his locker. His eyes met mine, and he looked away quickly.

Guess things really were back to normal.

The day passed by with at least five people in all of my morning classes telling me how sorry they are, and how much of a jerk Brayden is. I pretended to be grateful for their pity, but it was really annoying me. I knew that half of the people telling me how sorry they were were the same people clapping and whistling at Brayden and Kelly's kiss in the courtyard.

Now it was lunch time, and if I walked into that cafeteria, I knew I'd see Kelly and Brayden sitting where me and Brayden used to sit together every day. Maybe kissing. Maybe holding hands. Doing things me and Brayden used to do together. The thought made me nasceous.

I was weak. I couldn't do it.

I took a turn, and exited the building.

Sitting on the steps by himself, was none other than Grayson.

He looked up at me, sighed, seemed to think for a minute, and then patted the spot next to him.

"Sit" He said, finally.

"Thought yesterday was a one time only deal" I smirked, sitting next to him.

"It was" He said seriously, "But I wouldn't want to be in there either. In fact, I already don't want to be in there"

He silently offered me half a sandwhich, which I refused because my stomach was in knots. We sat there in a comfortable silence until the period ended.

When the bell rang, Grayson immediately stood up.

"Hey Grayson?" I asked.

"Hmm?" He paused.

"You're a good guy" I stated.

"Don't say that, Princess" He replied, voice becoming cool, "You don't know me"

He dissapeared into the building, and I followed suit. The afternoon went the same as morning, until my last class of the day.

It was AP Chemistry lab. Me and Brayden had chosen each other as lab partners, and you're not allowed to switch until the semester ends.

Which basically means I'm fucked.

I walked in five seconds before the late bell rang, and Brayden was already in his seat. I slipped my face into a mask of indifference. I could've sworn Grayson gave me a concerned look from his seat in the table behind mine, but when I looked back, he wasn't looking anywhere near me.