♡Sometimes, you need to break a few rules♡

§Chapter 4§

Katniss' POV~

All I could hear was the pounding of my heart as I heard those words. What kind of game was he playing at? What did he want from me?

I gasped, "Me? Are you sure?"

He pushed the hair out of my eyes and tucked it behind my ear, his eyes glimmering in the moon light. "Yes..I feel the need to protect you. I feel the need to keep you alive." He whispered, his minty breath fanning across my face.

I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths as I try and think. But I just couldn't with his face so close to mine.

"Hey Katniss? Are you up here?" I hear a slightly annoying voice yell, obviously calling for me. It was Peeta.

"Ya! I will be in soon. Dont worry, go back to bed." I holler back, my eyes never leaving Cato's.

Cato growls under his breath. He didn't even try to hide his annoyance. "Think about it, alright? And tell me at the next training session if you will allow me to be there for you."

With that, I stand up and walk over to the door. "I will think about it." I say over my shoulder, not looking back at him before I open the door and walk into the building.

Cato's POV~

My plan was working perfectly. Yes, I truly did like her. She was beautiful, no one could deny that. But I needed to win, I needed to make my parents proud. And I couldn't do that without winning the Hunger Games.

I didn't want to use her, but what else could I do? She was gullible. So gullible. It would be easy to get her to believe me and fall for me.

But then again, who knows? She's from the outer districts, and they were normally psycho.

But eventually, she will fall for me. And I will win the Hunger Games.

----------------------------

Authors Note- Sorry for waiting so long to update, and sorry for it being short.