19- "Be mine."

I sighed and smiled at Mahogany because I knew she was right.
At least she was when she said screw Shawn and forget his bullshit excuses about what he did to me that summer.
I got up and squeezed Mahogany in a hug. We walked out after I wiped my cheeks clean of any tear stains. I took in a deep breathe when approaching the group of boys. Just my luck, Hayes was standing right next to Shawn. I walked next to Hayes anyways.

"Hey babe." Hayes smiled and swung his arm around my shoulders.
I saw Shawn watch Hayes move his arm around me.

"Why can't you guys just admit that you like each other?" Nash asked.

"Well I have." Hayes looked at me. I stuck my tongue out at him. Hayes copied me.

"Sam?" Nash tilted his head waiting for my answer.

"I could say the same about you and Tay." I sassed. Nash crossed his arms in defeat.

"Hey, nice shirt." Mahogany chimed in.

"Thanks, umm it's Hayes's." I said feeling awkward in the presence of my ex.

"Oh." Mahogany winked at me, I rolled my eyes.

"Doesn't she look good my cloths?" Hayes rubbed his hand on my shoulder.

"Not really." I heard Shawn mumble. Mahogany jutted her elbow to his side while I just glared at him in disbelief and his maturity level.

Shawn's remark did not go unnoticed by Hayes. "How 'bout I introduce you around, yeah?" he suggested.

"Sure." I said relieved to walk away from Shawn.

Hayes guided my around the room. First we approached two boys, one shorter and the other quite tall, but both clearly older than Hayes and I.
The tall one was thin and very attractive, then again all the boys here were. He had tan skin and dark hair with an incredible jawline.
The other was just as thin, but both not boney, he wasn't as tan as the other one. He has blonde hair that was pushed up to perfection with not a single fly away.

"Who's this?" the blonde one asked Hayes.

"This is Sam, my.. umm..." I could see why Hayes was at a loss for words. Yes we've kissed a few times and yes we kind of flirt and yes we both have feelings for each other but we're technically not together.

"I'm his friend." I finished his sentence.

"Just a friend, Hayes?" the taller one teased.

"Maybe." Hayes smirked and tightened his arm around me. I couldn't help but blush.

The boys chuckled.

"Sam," Hayes said, "this is Jack and Jack."

"Hi," the tan Jack extended his hand to me, "I'm Jack Gilinsky."

I shook his hand, "Hi."

"I'm Jack Johnoson, nice to meet you." The blonde shook my hand.

"You too." I smiled.

Next Hayes brought me over to a boy with a dark hair.
Hayes tapped his shoulder, the boy turned around and spoke before we could get a word out.

"You must be Sam!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah." I chuckled, "How'd you know?"

"Hayes talks about you all the time!"

"Oh does he now?" I looked at Hayes who had red cheeks.

"I can never get him to shut up about you!"

I couldn't hold back my laughs.

"God." Hayes mumbled into his hand as he face palmed his face. "Sam this is Carter."