The beginning of a mysterious tale

Elmer toddled down the crooked stairways of the old chapel. Histrionic swift air appertaining of late brewed tea, filling her nostrils as the clacking of her peculiar boots echoed. She sighed as her head was filled with all sorts of deliberations on Witchery and fiendish assortments and to be certain, without question be shunned by law. Passerby's gawked at farcical glimpses of her boots, Elmer drooped her head in abashment. Tears welled up in her eyes, however she kept her head inferior, not arduous to attract unsought scrutiny to herself. She alighted at a brusque home, it's walls massacred with thorny vines that seeped from nooks and crannies against coated bricks. It's once gleaming and bright windows turned into dreary, doleful dismembered reminders.A minor set of leaves had developed encompassing an olden plate with letters etched into it's moderately green surface. "Henry Jekyll" the letters spoke as eyes peer left and right into them. Elmer didn't mind what legends and mysteries society had to offer, which can dispatch a chill into a ruthless killer's spine. Elmer only knew it as one word and these words exactly, a safe haven from life. She unlocked the cracked door, smelling the musty scent of dust that scattered the entrance. Her brown eyes sparkled with amusement as now she didn't have to worry about the problems others saw in her. Elmer hung her emerald coat on a towering coat rack, feeling more related to herself. She flounced about, leafing through debilitated portraits of Henry and his achievements.  Elmer felt out of place in her own, squalid household. She convulsed at whimsical documentaries that Henry recorded in journals. She felt as if she were in her own world where she wasn't put up against human obstacles. "Better than those nagging fools who always judge me..." Elmer muttered, grinning with joy whilst relaxing on a velvety couch next to the crackle of perspiring fire in a square dome of bricks. She took her quill and began to write on a piece of paper that had crumpled with time. "Dear Theodore, I am glad to say I absolutely appreciate you giving me the use to be estate of Dr.Henry Jekyll. I just hope for you to visit me some time! I would have such a delightful time showing you around these ancient walls. So please consider coming down to London, I would also rapture to show you my friend Maisie Rivera. Love, Elmer Melton." The black ink spelled out, Elmer smiled with excitement and packed it into an envelope. She enclosed the message with a fancy wax seal the color of velvet and in  the letter E. Elmer slid the envelope into a nearby dusty cabinet and grabbed a nice and cottony wolf skin blanket. She was surprised that Henry would own such a blanket made from skins of an animal but didn't mind. Elmer fell into a deep slumber, dreaming of wondrous fantasies and vast seas overridden with magical sea creatures.