Chapter 9: A Sad and Terrible Change

Squirrelscrap and Oakear run back to camp. "Don't worry, everyone, there aren't any-", Oakear pauses and notices some of the cats eyes have grief in them. Treesap runs through the entrance, crashing into Squirrelscrap. He had been searching around the edge of Shadow- Woods and has seen Lightheart with dead Soulstar. "Sorry, Squirrelscrap, but... SOULSTAR IS DEAD!" Treesap yowls. He heard a few wails of grief from some of the cats.

Deathshadow stalkes into camp his eyes glowing in dark glee. he mutters "I win, Foglight, the shining star is dead. I have won and you have lost. Not even that upstart Riverpool can match me."

An elder comes up and seeing Ghostpelt, asks "will you be taking over the clan? If you are, then Im leaving. I never wanted a freak like you to even be alowed in this clan. Now our leader is dead and we get stuck with the undead monster. Even Shadestar had better morals then you. Atleast hes a cat. You, You are just a freak who should have stayed dead." the elder turns away and several other cats call out in agreement, words like, "freak", "demon", "monster", and other horrible words are shouted. But Ghostpelt only walks to the medicine den and enters it.

Snowstorm walks to ghostpelt "what makes a leader is the courage, streanght and be willing to defend your clan. I know you will make a great leader" she meows.by the way.." she cries.. "there is a secret I need to tell you"

Deathshadow's interest peaks as he hears snowstorm. ghostpelt looks at snowstorm and says "we will speak in the med den."

"Ok" she meows.

I turn my head to DeadPaw as she walked away,"I didn't know that!" I said and DeadPaw shook his head,"Okay then,Want to go get LionPaw and hunt?" DeadPaw asked,"We should ask our mentors for our assessment." I say and smile,"We should be warriors already!" I say and DeadPaw sighs,"Fine.." He said and I grinned,"I'll go get LionPaw." DeadPaw walks off as I go ask our mentors,They agree we can hunt together.

Treesap digs his claws deep in the earth. He looks at the elder's den with hatred in his eyes. "Unworthy cats! Do you think you're so loyal to Soulclan?! Soulstar brought in Ghostpelt, and I remember that when I was a KIT!" He spat. Squirrelscrap, Oakear, Gingerspeck, Stoneheart, and Goldheart stood on his side.

Ghostpelt looks at them and a small flash of gratitude breaks through before Ghostpelt regains his composure. then he corrects treesap, "i was born soulclan but left for a few moons because of my fear of the moonflower and what it would do to me. but they wouldnt care. they fear me because to them, i should never have been born, dead or alive." one of the elders shouts out, "Alive? you werent born alive you undead freak." Ghoshpelt turns to the elder and asks, "if i were undead, then how would you be able to stop me even if you tried?"

Snowstorm looked at the elder. "How would you like it if I called you undead?" she yelled. "I.. am from the shadow woods, so would you call me undead?! well... I am also from a far away clan.." she yelped "im half shadow woods and half.. half... oceanclan... THATS MY SECRET!" she cried.

she looked at ghostpelt and treesap. "please don't be mad at me.." she said softly "my mom died a few weeks ago in the shadow woods.. my dad is from river clan and my sister is nowhere to be found.." she cries softly "i was born in river clan and bloodstar stole me..." she cries.

Bluespark06703

she sighs. finnaly happy she told the truth "that's my past.. and my secret..."

Ghostpelt says "its alright snowstorm, remember, i was born in shadowwoods." an elder shouts "you werent born! you were dead!" Ghostpelt looks at the elder, "and what would you do? kill me? or should we just kill you for helping to murder deadeye?" you forget i see every death, i know every killer, and you, you will meet shadow." Deathshadow mentally nods in approval.

Goldheart looked down, afraid to speak. "Do you know who Mintleaf's killer is, Ghostpelt...?" She spoke in a quiet voice, loud enough for cats to hear. Stoneheart nodded slowly.

Treesap rushed towards the entrance. Shortly, he came back with the tuft of fur found on Mintleaf's body.

"im sorry but what lives in the shadows, stays there. and as im only half shadow, i do not know all." Ghostpelt known he is more then half shadow now.

"The shadows hold many secrets, and just as riverpool had her army of shadows, there are far stronger shadows that have greater power then you could ever know. as does my father." Ghostpelt looks towards where soulstar now lay, a shadow passing over camp as though clouds were covering the sky, even when there were none. "Foglight's prophecy prevents me from telling even if i knew."

Ghostpelt speaks the same words Foglight once spoke, before adding more, "As the Shadows cover the soul, light will disappear. Demon against Ghost must fight to save the star shining within. Father against Son, Who will win."

"That might mean I might have to fight my long lost brother... Shadowfur.." she cries "or my dad, swiftpeak" she meows, cut short from the voice of bloodstar "there is a secret about yourself.. and I wont tell you" she hisses. "TELL ME!" snowstorm screams, aiming for bloodstar "TELL ME BLOODSTAR!" hisses snowstorm "by the way, the name is not bloodstar. its now redeye.." she hisses, clawing snowstorm is the face. bloodstar runs into the forest.